06-27-2019

GB

2 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 2

Messaging app not displaying certain contact names

2020-01-02, 7:10 AM

Recently the SMS messaging app on my Moto G7 Plus has stopped displaying contact names.

Not all of them, some of them are still there.

I had a work trip to the Republic of Ireland (while I normally live in the UK, and have a UK mobile provider) and all the conracts I sent an SMS to while I was away turned into numbers.

The other ones remained as contact names.

This problem makes it more likely to send a text to the wrong recipient (which has happened to me), if I'm not extra-careful.

I've tried stopping the app and restarting it, and restarting the phone. But so far to no avail.

Any ideas?

Options

1769 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1647 Signins

25618 Page Views

• Views: 25618
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Messaging app not displaying certain contact names

2020-01-02, 10:10 AM

wrote:

Recently the SMS messaging app on my Moto G7 Plus has stopped displaying contact names.

Not all of them, some of them are still there.

I had a work trip to the Republic of Ireland (while I normally live in the UK, and have a UK mobile provider) and all the conracts I sent an SMS to while I was away turned into numbers.

The other ones remained as contact names.

This problem makes it more likely to send a text to the wrong recipient (which has happened to me), if I'm not extra-careful.

I've tried stopping the app and restarting it, and restarting the phone. But so far to no avail.

Any ideas?

Install the standalone Google contacts as it has a nice contacts list cleanup function.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.contacts&hl=en_GB

Run it and with luck you should see a small Red dot top-left so click on it as it can offer to clean up your Contacts list. Sometimes duplicate entries occur messing up the app/s . See if that cures it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete