01-04-2020

GB

1 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 1 of 2

Missing text messaging settings option

2020-01-04, 21:47 PM

Just upgraded from a Moto G3 to the One Zoom here in the UK and bought another one for my wife, the idea being that whenever she has a problem I should be able to solve it quickly. It was a nightmare when she had a Samsung! Having upgraded both to the latest version of Android 9 (PPHS29.59-49-2) I notice there is a difference in the text messaging settings menu. Under messaging general settings she has an advanced menu option but I do not. Can anyone help or explain this please?

Options

1698 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1607 Signins

25123 Page Views

• Views: 25123
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Missing text messaging settings option

2020-01-05, 11:01 AM

wrote:

Just upgraded from a Moto G3 to the One Zoom here in the UK and bought another one for my wife, the idea being that whenever she has a problem I should be able to solve it quickly. It was a nightmare when she had a Samsung! Having upgraded both to the latest version of Android 9 (PPHS29.59-49-2) I notice there is a difference in the text messaging settings menu. Under messaging general settings she has an advanced menu option but I do not. Can anyone help or explain this please?

I wonder if someone might have installed the free Standalone version of Google messaging?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging&hl=en_GB

Sometimes the standalone versions have better features like the Google Contacts,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.contacts&hl=en_GB

That can auto clean up duplicates in the Contacts list and clean dead-wood that can prevent correct operation. Many times the pre-installed apps are not the best or most up-to-date ones.

HTH :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save