US

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto One Zoom mutes itself completely.

2020-03-27, 1:36 AM

Hi!

So, I've had my Moto One Zoom for a few months and as of about 2 months back, I noticed that it just decides to mute itself completely: No sounds from incoming OR outgoing calls, the person on the other end can't hear me and I can't hear them. I can't hear any sounds whatsoever(video, music, Podcasts, radio etc.)  It usually happens after an incoming call, when I or the caller hangs up. All sounds are dead, and I mean ALL.  It's not on "Do not disturb", no sounds have been disabled by me.  The only thing that helps this issue is by restarting the phone. I have to do this after EVERY call nowadays, and I use my phone to do work, so it's fairly inconvenient and annoying, to put it lightly.

Options

17589 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2202 Signins

51882 Page Views

• Views: 51882
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Moto One Zoom mutes itself completely.

2020-03-27, 13:35 PM

Hi.

Very weird. Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. If it stops then, it's an app.

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks,

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

1 Posts

03-27-2020

US

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-03-27, 14:29 PM

Hi Matt.

Just put in the details you asked for. Not sure where to find the Motorola Privacy thing though...? Yes, I give you permission to check the apps.

Yeah, it's a very weird issue with my phone. And it's so random. Last night it had muted itself over night, without me even touching it(and no missed calls etc...)  Since the reboot this morning, it has worked but I also haven't used it nor gotten any calls.  Once it mutes itself again, I can try safe mode.  I chatted with an agent this morning but the options(sending it in for repair/replacement, troubleshooting etc.) didnt work. I cant be without my phone that long due to me needing it for work.  The agent said that someone from level 2 will call me back within 24 hours. With my luck, the phone will be muted and I wont hear the call or if I see the call, they wont be able to hear me and I wont be able to hear them, haha :/

Options

17589 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2202 Signins

51882 Page Views

• Views: 51882
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-03-31, 14:47 PM

Hi.

It's Settings > System > Motorola Privacy.

Thanks. Need this set to see anything.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save