Options

154 Posts

01-15-2016

HU

295 Signins

2392 Page Views

• Views: 2392
  • Message 1 of 23

Motorola One Zoom - Android One or Android Enterprise Recomended?

2019-09-06, 15:38 PM

Hello everyone!

I preorder the brand new Motorola One Zoom. I dont find any info abaout the "android one" or "android enterprise recomended" status. Does the Zoom participate any of this programs?

+ what abaout the sotware updates - os and security? This device how long will be supported?

Thanks!

Solved! See the solution
Options

66 Posts

09-18-2018

NL

415 Signins

2608 Page Views

• Views: 2608
  • Message 2 of 23

Re: Motorola One Zoom - Android One or Android Enterprise Recomended?

2019-09-06, 15:58 PM
Well its not an android one device. Moto is trying to trick people into buying it, making them think it is running on android one because al the other one devices are.
Options

6 Posts

08-04-2016

US

28 Signins

288 Page Views

• Views: 288
  • Message 3 of 23

2019-09-06, 16:05 PM

No on the Android One program. "Motorola’s argument still shows that software updates do play a part in the buying process; it’s a “secondary purchase driver,” not a third, not a fourth, or non-existent, but second. The company chose to prioritize a quad-camera array and a beautiful design for the Motorola One Zoom"

Options

154 Posts

01-15-2016

HU

295 Signins

2392 Page Views

• Message 4 of 23

2019-09-06, 16:37 PM

After what they did with the Z2 Force Pie update i have some concerns with the One Zoom, but i"ll give a last chance for Motorola after 8 years. I read the article in digitaltrends.com and i don't like this behaviour - "With Motorola One Action and Motorola One Zoom, we are gradually testing how our Motorola One devices are received without Android One, given our consumer purchase insights showed the top purchase drivers are camera and design" 

My first "purchase driver" is not the camera and the fancy design, not this. My primary consideration is the reliability and i think the regular security updates and minimum 2 OS update is the minimum requirements these days. I think the One, One Power, One Vision and Action are good mid-range devices but the One Zoom with higher specs, better camera doesn't deserve this support for more money? 

I tried the Xiaomi Mi 8, the Oneplus 6T, Pixel 3a and last week the Pixel 3 and after this phones i always return to my Z2 Force. Some of these phones have higher spec, better camera in paper but in real life they dont offer much more for me. If the One Zoom is not good enough i'll moved to the Pixel 4 XL.

Options

154 Posts

01-15-2016

HU

295 Signins

2392 Page Views

• Message 5 of 23

2019-09-06, 16:53 PM

After what they did with the Z2 Force Pie update i have some concerns with the One Zoom, but i"ll give a last chance for Motorola after 8 years. I read the article in digitaltrends.com and i don't like this behaviour - "With Motorola One Action and Motorola One Zoom, we are gradually testing how our Motorola One devices are received without Android One, given our consumer purchase insights showed the top purchase drivers are camera and design" 

My first "purchase driver" is not the camera and the fancy design, not this. My primary consideration is the reliability and i think the regular security updates and minimum 2 OS update is the minimum requirements these days. I think the One, One Power, One Vision and Action are good mid-range devices but the One Zoom with higher specs, better camera doesn't deserve this support for more money? 

I tried the Xiaomi Mi 8, the Oneplus 6T, Pixel 3a and last week the Pixel 3 and after this phones i always return to my Z2 Force. Some of these phones have higher spec, better camera in paper but in real life they dont offer much more for me. If the One Zoom is not good enough i'll moved to the Pixel 4 XL.

Options

154 Posts

01-15-2016

HU

295 Signins

2392 Page Views

• Message 6 of 23

2019-09-06, 16:55 PM
After what they did with the Z2 Force Pie update i have some concerns with the One Zoom, but i"ll give a last chance for Motorola after 8 years.

I read the article in digitaltrends.com and i don't like this behaviour - "With Motorola One Action and Motorola One Zoom, we are gradually testing how our Motorola One devices are received without Android One, given our consumer purchase insights showed the top purchase drivers are camera and design"
My first "purchase driver" is not the camera and the fancy design, not this. My primary consideration is the reliability and i think the regular security updates and minimum 2 OS update is the minimum requirements these days. I think the One, One Power, One Vision and Action are good mid-range devices but the One Zoom with higher specs, better camera doesn't deserve this support for more money?

Options

154 Posts

01-15-2016

HU

295 Signins

2392 Page Views

• Message 7 of 23

2019-09-06, 16:59 PM

Options

154 Posts

01-15-2016

HU

295 Signins

2392 Page Views

• Message 8 of 23

2019-09-06, 17:10 PM

My first "purchase driver" is not the camera and the fancy design, not this. My primary consideration is the reliability and i think the regular security updates and minimum 2 OS update is the minimum requirements these days. I think the One, One Power, One Vision and Action are good mid-range devices but the One Zoom with higher specs, better camera doesn't deserve this support for more money?

Options

326 Posts

01-23-2009

FI

647 Signins

6665 Page Views

• Views: 6665
  • Message 9 of 23

2019-09-07, 12:02 PM

I would also like to know the update policy for the One Zoom. 

As Android 10 was already ”out”, before the One Zoom, I will assume the 10 is coming to the One Zoom. But can we expect more updates after that? And when can we expect the 10 for the Zoom?

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
ThinkPad P52, X1 Yoga (1st gen) | YOGA C630 WOS
Options

159 Posts

03-20-2016

DE

217 Signins

2088 Page Views

• Views: 2088
  • Message 10 of 23

2019-09-07, 14:34 PM

Just reading 2 articles and a Youtube short Review:

They are saying the Motorola one zoom only getting Android 10 but no more big OS Update!!?

Is this true? All my Motorolas getting minimum 2 OS Updates.

Please give us a answer!

https://youtu.be/itRbxfz-KRs

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save