05-18-2017

US

162 Signins

3096 Page Views

• Views: 3096
  • Message 1 of 5

Motorola One Zoom FM Radio

2019-10-22, 21:28 PM

Can someone who's in the US and who has a US version of the Motorola One Zoom phone tell me whether or not it has a functional FM radio built-in, please?

I'm looking to replace a Moto G5 Plus that I accidentally damaged and I'm concerned about the FM radio feature because the US version of the Moto G5 Plus has an FM radio and it's an important feature to me even though it's necessary to plug in a pair of headphones in order to get reception because the headphone's cable is used as the FM radio's antenna.

My concern with regard to the Motorola One Zoom is that Motorola's UK website specifies the Motorola One Zoom as having an FM radio whereas Motorola's US website (I'm in the US) doesn't mention a word about an FM radio.

I don't really want to purchase a phone imported from the UK just to get the FM radio feature, but I don't want to purchase the US version only to later discover that the FM radio feature isn't functional.

If it turns out that the US version of the Motorola One Zoom does have a functional FM radio, then I would have to wonder why it isn't specified as such on the US website, as it is an important selling point for at least a few of us.

Thanks very much!

Solved! See the solution
Options

6 Posts

10-18-2019

US

6 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Motorola One Zoom FM Radio

2019-10-23, 1:46 AM

I am in the US and purchased my Moto One Zoom from mototola directly and it does have a working FM radio app. 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

24 Posts

05-18-2017

US

162 Signins

3096 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2019-10-23, 2:17 AM

Thank you, Stevesfsd, for that information!

I think that Motorola should specify on their US website that the phone has an FM radio. Might help sales.

I had been concerned because the Moto G5 Plus that I presently have was sold in the UK with NFC enabled but was sold here in the US with the NFC feature disabled, although I knew this prior to purchase so it wasn't a problem (or a surprise) for me. Besides, even without NFC, I'm able to use the Google Pay app to make purchases in the Google Play Store. However, I now have a nice new color laser printer that offers NFC printing, and I can't use the Moto G5 Plus for that.

Thanks again!

P.S. Now if only the One Zoom was covered under Google's Android One program, it would make the purchasing decision so much easier. :)

It isn't new versions of the operating system with which I'm concerned; it's those monthly security updates that I (as an IT guy) care about.

Options

18230 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2287 Signins

55812 Page Views

• Views: 55812
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-10-23, 14:56 PM

wrote:

Thank you, Stevesfsd, for that information!

I think that Motorola should specify on their US website that the phone has an FM radio. Might help sales.

I had been concerned because the Moto G5 Plus that I presently have was sold in the UK with NFC enabled but was sold here in the US with the NFC feature disabled, although I knew this prior to purchase so it wasn't a problem (or a surprise) for me. Besides, even without NFC, I'm able to use the Google Pay app to make purchases in the Google Play Store. However, I now have a nice new color laser printer that offers NFC printing, and I can't use the Moto G5 Plus for that.

Thanks again!

P.S. Now if only the One Zoom was covered under Google's Android One program, it would make the purchasing decision so much easier. :)

It isn't new versions of the operating system with which I'm concerned; it's those monthly security updates that I (as an IT guy) care about.

Thanks for the tip -- I will pass this along!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

24 Posts

05-18-2017

US

162 Signins

3096 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2019-10-24, 20:53 PM

Excellent Matt, thank you.

I see that the US page at

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/motorola-one-zoom

has been updated to match the UK page at

https://www.motorola.co.uk/smartphones-motorola-one-zoom/p

although the eBay page at

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-One-Zoom-GSM-Unlocked-128GB-T-Mobile-AT-T/223651907366

could also be updated. :)

Regards,

Frank.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete