12-24-2019

SK

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

Motorola one zoom outgoing call issue

2019-12-24, 12:29 PM

I have a very specific and strange problem with my one zoom. Its brand new, unlocked.

When making a call (outgoing) it only rings 5 times and then stops. My carries says this is a phone issue. Local motorola service said this is a carrier network setting. This seems unlikely, since my old HTC (with the same SIM card) was ringing for 50+ times before the network cut the call off (we dont use much voicemail in Slovakia)

So my question is: how can i increase the time before the phone decides to stop the outgoing call? This seems like a deeper android setting, that i cannot find anywhere. I tried googling this for 2 days witout any luck.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Filip

Options

1701 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1608 Signins

25138 Page Views

• Views: 25138
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Motorola one zoom outgoing call issue

2019-12-24, 13:42 PM

wrote:

I have a very specific and strange problem with my one zoom. Its brand new, unlocked.

When making a call (outgoing) it only rings 5 times and then stops. My carries says this is a phone issue. Local motorola service said this is a carrier network setting. This seems unlikely, since my old HTC (with the same SIM card) was ringing for 50+ times before the network cut the call off (we dont use much voicemail in Slovakia)

So my question is: how can i increase the time before the phone decides to stop the outgoing call? This seems like a deeper android setting, that i cannot find anywhere. I tried googling this for 2 days witout any luck.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Filip

Not a setting but try this. Do a Manual scan for your Network/Carrier and when the list populates pick a wrong one and let it fail. Then pick the right one. Come out of the settings and hold the Power button in until the phone restarts. This emulates taking the Battery out and can clear old temp data in the Ram that can prevent correct functions.

HTH :)

Options

2 Posts

12-24-2019

SK

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Motorola one zoom outgoing call issue

2019-12-24, 19:48 PM

Thanks for the suggestion.

Tried it and unfortunately it didnt help. I tried a different motorola one zoom from the shop and the issue was the same :(

Therefore it seems to be a setting, thats hardcoded in the android on this phone (at least the version my cell provider sells). If anyone knows any way how to change this outgoing call ringing duration/treshold/limit, please let me know. Im totally frustrated at this point.

I also tried returning the phone, however, my cell provider says that this is not a bug, but a feature and therefore the phone works as it should and cant be returned. :(

So Im stuck with a phone that doesnt work properly and I cant even get a refund...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save