cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monster_cookie
Punch Card
Views: 347
Message 1 of 13

No security updates, 3 months late, red exclamation mark!

So basically you said you will release updates at least once per three months. You can not even deliver simple security patches for your top device! What a company! Will never ever buy anything from you.

BTW: if you answer with something like: "We do our best to release new software as soon as possible." I'm gonna laugh at youScreenshot_20191202-132954.png

KiRiON
SCSI Port
Views: 331
Message 2 of 13

Re: No security updates, 3 months late, red exclamation mark!

What to earth is wrong with Motorola these days? It gets worse every year.

Keep up the bad work and you've completely destroyed the brand. Dont understand how to offer such a thing with such strong competitors.

It would so easy to make their Fans/customer glad.

😠 

monster_cookie
Punch Card
Views: 327
Message 3 of 13

And look: other companies like Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi etc have deeply customized Android versions for their phones. There is plenty of additional applications, customized UI, many additional services and stuff...

Once MOTOROLA is very close to stock version of Android! And it takes ages even to release security patches! Ridiculous company with ridiculous management and development!
dieorange
HDMI
Views: 314
Message 4 of 13

Its a joke. A bad one. Smiley Sad

Just tried the Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant = The Version is up to date. 

very poor situation.

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 299
Message 5 of 13

The November Security patch should start rolling out today. Sorry for the wait.

Please don't make duplicate posts. You already posted about this.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
dieorange
HDMI
Views: 225
Message 6 of 13

Nothing. No OTA nothing in the Lenovo Smart Assistant.
But my old G6 Plus hits November today :-/
Google just announced 5 really critical Security Leaks are closed in the December Update. Will we see the next Update it with our Moto one Zoom in April 20?
Please do more Security Updates!
Balrighty
SCSI Port
Views: 212
Message 7 of 13

Yup kinda makes me paranoid using my phone when its so out of date.. I have a lot of important information on it.

Would be nice if they were only a month or so behind.. but the last update was the beginning of September, and now we've only just gotten November. So while we're currently a month behind, we probably won't see another update until February!
KiRiON
SCSI Port
Views: 192
Message 8 of 13

Still nothing 🤔

Edit: december 6th = nothing 🤶 

Wow my old g6 gets faster Updates... 😡 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 162
Message 9 of 13

@Balrighty wrote:
Yup kinda makes me paranoid using my phone when its so out of date.. I have a lot of important information on it.

Would be nice if they were only a month or so behind.. but the last update was the beginning of September, and now we've only just gotten November. So while we're currently a month behind, we probably won't see another update until February!

Hi.

So you did get November. That's good. If the last one was September and the next is January (delivered in Feb. probably, as you say) then that is bi-monthly updates.

We are looking into what may be going on with the EMEA updates. If would be a good idea, just in case, to make sure your IMEIs are up to date in your profile, in case we want to look into your particular situations.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
KiRiON
SCSI Port
Views: 156
Message 10 of 13

My Zoom is my Profile. Reteu. No Update 

Top Kudoed Authors