Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KiRiON
SCSI Port
Views: 1,810
Message 1 of 24

Notifications = Batwing/Motorola Logo

Hi!

The new notification light (Batwing Motorola Logo) on the new Motorola one Zoom makes no sense. It light up ONE Time when a notification arrives but that's it. Great idea but it needs a fix. 

I hope Motorola changes this with a update. Maybe it light up every minute while a notification isn't read. Or in the settings as one time, every 10 seconds, 30 seconds.. Or so. 

dieorange
HDMI
Views: 1,681
Message 2 of 24

Re: Notifications = Batwing/Motorola Logo

So true!
dieorange
HDMI
Views: 1,553
Message 3 of 24

Any chance the motorola devs could keep an eye on this? Yes, Maybe, No?

No reply from Motorola yet....

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,539
Message 4 of 24

Hi,

I just tested this. I sent a text message to my Moto One Zoom and the batwing light up as expected, waited for more than 5 minutes not reading the text notification but the batwing didn't light up again (Pulse Light/Breathing Light). I tried it with and without the Moto Display enabled. However, you can still utilize Moto Display to check your notifications.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

KiRiON
SCSI Port
Views: 1,536
Message 5 of 24

Yeah it light up one time.... Cmon this isn't acceptable. It cost the dev team 5 minutes to implement a code, to light up every 10 seconds (like the old notification led system years ago) until the message was read.

-15-20 minutes to code a option menu with different settings.

It wouldn't cost much energy. The batwing is default "on" (the whole time) when the display is in use. 

-Or no time if the batwing use the default Android notification system. 😉

Would be nice if someone from the mod team could forward this wish to the Motorola dev team. 

I know you could do it. The fingerprint vibration setting you patched too, years ago.

Thanks. 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,508
Message 6 of 24

@KiRiON wrote:

Yeah it light up one time.... Cmon this isn't acceptable. It cost the dev team 5 minutes to implement a code, to light up every 10 seconds (like the old notification led system years ago) until the message was read.

-15-20 minutes to code a option menu with different settings.

It wouldn't cost much energy. The batwing is default "on" (the whole time) when the display is in use. 

-Or no time if the batwing use the default Android notification system. 😉

Would be nice if someone from the mod team could forward this wish to the Motorola dev team. 

I know you could do it. The fingerprint vibration setting you patched too, years ago.

Thanks. 

Hi.

We will certainly pass along your suggestion. There are always concerns about battery life for things like this, and too many controls to manage that create other issues. But can't hurt to suggest it.

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
KiRiON
SCSI Port
Views: 1,506
Message 7 of 24

Thank you @MattForumsMngr ! 

You will agree with me then (would) the constant glowing batwing (when display is on) would consume even more battery than a flashing every few minutes.

dieorange
HDMI
Views: 1,469
Message 8 of 24

Seems its most important for many buyers. There are 2-3 Star Ratings on Amazon while the Notification only blinks 1x. A Other Guy sending the Device back because of this. Total Fail!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,452
Message 9 of 24

@dieorange wrote:

Seems its most important for many buyers. There are 2-3 Star Ratings on Amazon while the Notification only blinks 1x. A Other Guy sending the Device back because of this. Total Fail!

I see one that complains about it on Amazon Germany. Does not say it's being returned. Is there another?  

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
dieorange
HDMI
Views: 1,444
Message 10 of 24

He wrote while Motorola cheated bout the notification led he will return it. 

Another comment saying: good to know, he wanted to buy the device but he thanks him bout the info that the notification not working as it should, and he didn't like the display notification, and now he looking for a other device.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors