Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one zoom
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

10-05-2019

Germany

2 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 11 of 32

Re: Notifications = Batwing/Motorola Logo

2019-10-05, 10:04 AM

stars Fake notification Led Batwing on back is useless, pure advertising function. September 29, 2019 Color: Gray metallicVerified to buy Hi, I was incredibly excited about the device, finally what I was looking for, I thought .......... Finally again a device that informs visually supposedly via Batwing Led on the back about news, ..... puff cake .... the thing is a mere gimmick. It actually shines briefly on a message only once .... and then no longer ... what is that nice please ... ?? That means ... I have to be present to see it and just happen to look ... häää ... so if I get a message while I'm typing short out I am unlucky, I get no info as with other Led`s which permanently blink at certain intervals until you activate the device or read the message ...... so this LED is completely useless and has so no benefit at all ... !! Furthermore, it shines exclusively white ... There is a setting which calls itself (device in use), this is the sharpest ever, if you activate it, the Batwing sign lights permanently although you can not even see it, what is the use of this function, except maybe Advertising purposes, other people from the front can see then, what is this ... ???? So .... the so-called Batwing Led on the back has absolutely no advantage or useful function for the owner of the device ... ..! I'm very disappointed ... .... because that was with a reason to buy .... !! Greetings to all notification Led lovers .... hopefully Motolenovo changes the software side ..... Three stars because otherwise it would be a great device or if the Led would do what you would expect from your purchase

Of course I sent it back.

Options

133 Posts

10-14-2019

United States of America

236 Signins

1614 Page Views

• Views: 1614
  • Message 12 of 32

2019-10-14, 22:58 PM
The weird thing is, it's only an LED on the back lighting up the batwing but when I set it to stay off, my battery life improves. That shouldn't happen..
Options

33 Posts

01-05-2017

Poland

186 Signins

3092 Page Views

• Views: 3092
  • Message 13 of 32

2019-10-25, 10:47 AM
Same here.
Options

19691 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2474 Signins

62028 Page Views

• Views: 62028
  • Message 14 of 32

2019-10-25, 14:28 PM

wrote:
The weird thing is, it's only an LED on the back lighting up the batwing but when I set it to stay off, my battery life improves. That shouldn't happen..

Does seem counterintuitive. How are you both measuring this? I would think the power used might be hard to distinguish from among other operations.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

174 Posts

01-24-2015

Germany

292 Signins

2546 Page Views

• Views: 2546
  • Message 15 of 32

2019-10-25, 14:49 PM

There are "rumors" about a next Motorola device (Hype) which will also have a notification light. This should be configurable. Would be great if we get these Option too. 

Options

33 Posts

01-05-2017

Poland

186 Signins

3092 Page Views

• Views: 3092
  • Message 16 of 32

2019-10-25, 16:12 PM
How?
Two weeks testing phase:
- first week with led batwing light on (for all "switchers" in settings);
- next week with all switchers off;

Power consumption is EASILY noticeable, would say I save 12-15% battery once batwing is 100% off. How can I help you more? :) As a person who works as a QA for +10 years I can tell you with 99% sure (there is never 100%. hah!) - batwing power consumption is not yet optimized as it should be. :)
Options

24 Posts

12-30-2013

United States of America

38 Signins

482 Page Views

• Views: 482
  • Message 17 of 32

2019-10-25, 17:24 PM

While the notification not working like we all hoped is a bummer, that alone would not make me return the phone. And maybe Moto will update that function at some point. 

I have been using Motorola phones since the Razr V3, that I still have and then I went back to them not long after I switched from Apple to Android. So my next one was the original Moto X, and I still have it plus an unused extra one. I also have two second gen Moto X's, one third gen, the first Z play, two Moto X 4's and a Zoom on order. I have never found a perfect phone, but I will say that I have realIy enjoyed the Motorola line more than the phones from others manufacturers that I have tried along the way.

Those include the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, S8, and S10e as well as the Pixel 3. I am currently using the 256GB S10e because I wanted something a little smaller than the Moto X4 I was using and I wanted a better camera. I got it in March and while the camera is great and I do like the slightly smaller size, I really miss the Moto actions. I have a workaround for the camera and flashlight with a long press and double press but it is still not the same and that is just one of the things that takes me back to my Moto phones. 

I do wish that there was a smaller Moto phone, say a 5.7" screen with a great camera, at least 4GM RAM and 128GB of stoarage, but they don't offer that. No biggie as I can either deal with a larger phone, like the Zoom I have on order, or something like the G7 Play, so I just have to find the one I like the best becuase no phone is going to be perfect and have everything I want. 

I will say that I am a techie and enjoy trying new gadgets and still have a lot of my old favorites too. But I use my Moto phones more than any of them because I seem to have one that fits specific needs. When I want a really small phone, I use my original Moto X, I think the second gen Moto X is probably my favorite as far as size, weight, camera, battery life goes, so I use one of them every once in awhile as well. I am looking forward to the Zoom and will either keep the G6 as a backup or give to my grandmother if she likes it, although she wants another flip phone. 

I can understand being a bit upset if the light up logo doesn't notify you like you had hoped but there seems to be a lot to like about the Zoom and I look forward to getting mine and it should arrive at my office next Monday so I will definitley report back.

Sorry fr the long post but I guess my point is that there is no perfect phone, at least I have never found one that meets all of my needs perfectly.

Options

133 Posts

10-14-2019

United States of America

236 Signins

1614 Page Views

• Views: 1614
  • Message 18 of 32

2019-10-28, 1:26 AM

I like the logo, but I do wish it had a real purpose. I like that the logo fades in and out when charging my phone. But I want more options with it. Like, I don't want it "always on" when my phone is on. I'd much rather it be off most of the time and only on when I have specific types of notifications or when charging.

Edit: Just noticed it has the option to turn off when "phone in use" so that's handy.  I'll try that out and see if I notice a battery life improvement.

Options

18 Posts

10-19-2019

United States of America

15 Signins

288 Page Views

• Views: 288
  • Message 19 of 32

2019-10-28, 4:56 AM
Just get a new phone...
Options

19691 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2474 Signins

62028 Page Views

• Views: 62028
  • Message 20 of 32

2019-10-28, 15:08 PM

wrote:
How?
Two weeks testing phase:
- first week with led batwing light on (for all "switchers" in settings);
- next week with all switchers off;

Power consumption is EASILY noticeable, would say I save 12-15% battery once batwing is 100% off. How can I help you more? :) As a person who works as a QA for +10 years I can tell you with 99% sure (there is never 100%. hah!) - batwing power consumption is not yet optimized as it should be. :)

Well, that's thorough. Thanks.

I'd really like to get the IMEIs of phones that seem to use more power when it's on. That sure seems like there's something not working correctly.

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms