10-19-2019

US

15 Signins

288 Page Views

• Views: 288
  • Message 1 of 25

One Zoom is Pure Junk - Dropped Calls... Goes from 4G to 3G to H to No Service

2019-10-19, 18:11 PM

Brand new phone activated on T-Mobile. Dropped calls all the time. Phone does not ring when making outbound calls half the time. Will show 4G signal and the scond I make a call it drops to H. Drops calls after 15 seconds and then says no cellular network. Incoming straight to voicemail, some textmessages not coming through etc...

After calling T-Mobile and Motorola. T-Mobile insist it is phone issue not fully compatible with T-mobile. Motoroloa insist there phone is 100% compatible. 

So after two weeks of headaches. I switched to AT&T... I now pay more than double the price for AT&T service than the T-mobile service. 

But hay if I can make calls I guess my only solution. Well one day into to AT&T and same problem as T-Mobile. So after switiching and wasting more money its not the carrier. Just another junky phone from Motorollla that drops calls and can't maintain a decent signal.

Motorola solution...

1. Send it back and be without a phone fro 10-14 days. NOT A SOLTION - JUST RIDICULOUS

2. Pay us $25 and let us charge your card $250 security hold to send you a replacement phone.

Are they insane. Sure after just paying twice as much to switch from T-Mobile to AT&T I will pay you $25 and let you drop my credit score by adding $250 to my credit card balance.

I am sure it is the phone model and not my phone as Motorlla seems to have this problem with allot of there phone models.

Never will I buy a Motorolla phone again. 2019 and they can not even develop a phone that can maintian a signal. Great fancy camera but horrible phone service. If I wanted just a camera I would buy just a camera. Maybe time to invest as much time into the signal streath as you do your camera.

Options

17919 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2248 Signins

53907 Page Views

• Views: 53907
  • Message 2 of 25

Re: One Zoom is Pure Junk - Dropped Calls... Goes from 4G to 3G to H to No Service

2019-10-22, 13:40 PM

wrote:

Brand new phone activated on T-Mobile. Dropped calls all the time. Phone does not ring when making outbound calls half the time. Will show 4G signal and the scond I make a call it drops to H. Drops calls after 15 seconds and then says no cellular network. Incoming straight to voicemail, some textmessages not coming through etc...

After calling T-Mobile and Motorola. T-Mobile insist it is phone issue not fully compatible with T-mobile. Motoroloa insist there phone is 100% compatible. 

So after two weeks of headaches. I switched to AT&T... I now pay more than double the price for AT&T service than the T-mobile service. 

But hay if I can make calls I guess my only solution. Well one day into to AT&T and same problem as T-Mobile. So after switiching and wasting more money its not the carrier. Just another junky phone from Motorollla that drops calls and can't maintain a decent signal.

Motorola solution...

1. Send it back and be without a phone fro 10-14 days. NOT A SOLTION - JUST RIDICULOUS

2. Pay us $25 and let us charge your card $250 security hold to send you a replacement phone.

Are they insane. Sure after just paying twice as much to switch from T-Mobile to AT&T I will pay you $25 and let you drop my credit score by adding $250 to my credit card balance.

I am sure it is the phone model and not my phone as Motorlla seems to have this problem with allot of there phone models.

Never will I buy a Motorolla phone again. 2019 and they can not even develop a phone that can maintian a signal. Great fancy camera but horrible phone service. If I wanted just a camera I would buy just a camera. Maybe time to invest as much time into the signal streath as you do your camera.

Sorry for the poor experience. You have gotten some bad information and not much help as far as I can tell. 

The motorola one zoom is unlocked to work with GSM networks, including AT&T and T-Mobile. Looking at your incident record, it appears you were using Mint, a reseller of T-Mobile. We checked your phone's IMEI number on Mint's Bring-Your-Own-Device web page and it is clearly a "yes" for that network. Here is the site -- I recommend you check it yourself. After the phone itself is approved, it goes on to suggest you check coverage for your area. 

I think coverage might be the issue. I do see some check-in data from this phone (not much) and the signal is not very good. Two-thirds of the time it was Moderate to Poor, and only about a third of the time Good. 

Are you still using the phone on AT&T? We would like to get this working for you properly.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

6 Posts

10-18-2019

US

6 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 3 of 25

Re: One Zoom is Pure Junk - Dropped Calls... Goes from 4G to 3G to H to No Service

2019-10-23, 1:59 AM

I'm having slightly worse phone reception issues with my Zoom on T-mobile as well, (compared to my iPhone X and LG G7). The problem is no VoLTE or wifi calling support. I'm waiting for T-Mobile to get back to me about manually provisioning the device to work. 

Options

21 Posts

06-16-2015

US

39 Signins

739 Page Views

• Views: 739
  • Message 4 of 25

2019-10-23, 2:33 AM

I am also using the Motorola One Zoom on the Mint network. I originally configured the phone with Mint's setup command and experienced issues with the APN configuration and connectivity. I performed a factory reset with the sim inserted and T-mobile's APN settings became locked within the network settings. I left it that way and have not experienced any issues since.

Hope this helps fellow Mint users out there.

Options

6 Posts

10-18-2019

US

6 Signins

93 Page Views

• Message 5 of 25

2019-10-23, 2:36 AM

Do you have VoLTE and/or wifi calling working on your device?

Options

21 Posts

06-16-2015

US

39 Signins

739 Page Views

• Views: 739
  • Message 6 of 25

2019-10-23, 2:57 AM

No VoLTE or WiFi calling yet. Crossing my fingers that those features on the phone will be supported by the network soon.

Options

6 Posts

10-18-2019

US

6 Signins

93 Page Views

• Message 7 of 25

2019-10-23, 2:59 AM

Same for me on T-mo! Fingers crossed.

Options

22 Posts

12-30-2013

US

38 Signins

482 Page Views

• Views: 482
  • Message 8 of 25

2019-10-23, 5:02 AM
A work around for wifi calls is to use Hangouts if you have a Google Voice number.
Options

17919 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2248 Signins

53907 Page Views

• Views: 53907
  • Message 9 of 25

2019-10-23, 14:54 PM

wrote:

Do you have VoLTE and/or wifi calling working on your device?

Hi.

Posted before, but bears repeating: the motorola one zoom does not have VoLTE on T-Mobile or AT&T.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

6 Posts

10-18-2019

US

6 Signins

93 Page Views

• Message 10 of 25

2019-10-24, 3:02 AM

It would appear it's possible that VoLTE and wifi calling can work on the device. See screenshot.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save