08-25-2020

PL

13 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 1 of 12

Peek display to sensitive

2020-08-28, 9:29 AM

Just bought my first Moto - One Zoom, also because of Peek Display feature. I observe the same issue as KaMiKa so I had to turn the whole thing off. Any subtle vibration of the surface where the phone is lying causes screen activation. Even when all the internal settings in Peek display are turned off. Or even when Peek display is turned off but showing finger sensor was left on.
I think super sensitive gyroscope is causing it. It would be better if it was not in use when the Approach to wake option is turn on (I assume it's using light sensor).

I'm on Android 9 and Moto Display 06.110.2 version

Edit: I tried clearing cache of Moto Display app and other restart "magic" but it did not help.

Options

8 Posts

08-25-2020

PL

13 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 2 of 12

Peek display to sensitive

2020-08-28, 9:29 AM

One Zoom, obviously Android 9 ;) and Moto Display 06.110.2 version 

Moving to the right community -Rich

Options

2576 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

355 Signins

24070 Page Views

• Views: 24070
  • Message 3 of 12

Re:Peek display to sensitive

2020-09-01, 9:14 AM

@ Rataman wrote:

One Zoom, obviously Android 9 ;) and Moto Display 06.110.2 version 

Moving to the right community -Rich

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us! Please help me understand more about your concern.

I will try my best to assist you.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

8 Posts

08-25-2020

PL

13 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2020-09-01, 14:25 PM

OMG. You are moving answers from one thread to another and then they make no sense. The comment above was an answer to a question asked by another Agent in this thread 

Now both threads are senseless.

I created a separate topic so you can check the details and answer there 

Options

10 Posts

03-13-2020

RO

11 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 5 of 12

2020-09-01, 16:04 PM

Maybe One Zoom and G7 don't have exactly the same hardware, that's why your part was moved to One Zoom section. Or they have but the moderators are cautious and act like that always.

Exactly same problem on my Zoom. Have the feeling sometimes that if a feather would fall next to the phone, peek display would turn on. Annoing as hell but didn't tried to look for a fix till now.

Options

3 Posts

01-09-2020

US

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 6 of 12

2020-09-01, 17:30 PM
The same problem here
Options

2576 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

355 Signins

24070 Page Views

• Views: 24070
  • Message 7 of 12

2020-09-03, 15:12 PM

@ Rataman wrote:

Just bought my first Moto - One Zoom, also because of Peek Display feature. I observe the same issue as KaMiKa so I had to turn the whole thing off. Any subtle vibration of the surface where the phone is lying causes screen activation. Even when all the internal settings in Peek display are turned off. Or even when Peek display is turned off but showing finger sensor was left on.
I think super sensitive gyroscope is causing it. It would be better if it was not in use when the Approach to wake option is turn on (I assume it's using light sensor).

I'm on Android 9 and Moto Display 06.110.2 version

Edit: I tried clearing cache of Moto Display app and other restart "magic" but it did not help.

Hi,

I have merged your new topic back here in the old one because we try to keep 1 topic/thread for 1 issue with a particular model. Please do not start new threads with existing thread/s on the same topic. It causes clutter on the site and makes it harder for us to follow an issue. Kindly refer to your initial post.

Also, all the devices have different specifications and hardware even if the concern is the same. Agent Rich transferred your topic to the correct device model community. 

As for your concern, I would like to inform you that if the Peek Display is turned off, it shouldn't happen. I would suggest you disable Approach and check.

If it's the same, check the device in Safe Mode and let me know how it goes. 

(Note- An incoming call may cause this but for some reason, the call wasn't complete).

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

8 Posts

08-25-2020

PL

13 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2020-09-04, 11:16 AM

Hi @Agent_Suman,

Thanks for merging them. Another agent create the new thread by moving my answer from other thread. So please address a request not to create new threads to your fellow colleague.

And when we are talking about the problem I think this part explains everything:

Even when all the internal settings in Peek display are turned off. Or even when Peek display is turned off but showing finger sensor was left on.

When the Peek display is off but I left the "show finger sensor" then the issue applies only to displaying finger sensor depiction. 

If I'm referring to "internal setting" I mean the features Double-tap to wake, Approach to wake, Vibrate on touch etc.

The safe mode did not change anything. 

Maybe I should start with a question what is the planned, expected, designed behaviour of a phone when only the main Peek display is on and all internal settings are off? So as on the provided screens. What is the trigger responsible for waking up the screen? 

Options

30 Posts

02-21-2017

RO

59 Signins

467 Page Views

• Views: 467
  • Message 9 of 12

2020-09-06, 0:11 AM

From what I have observed, when Peek Display is on and all internal settings off, the phone is woke up by the accelerometer (MOTO_GLANCE sensor - 65548), which is very sensitive. Any motion or vibration of the device will wake it up, as long as it is not stowed.

If "Approach to wake" is also enabled, in addition to the accelerometer, the proximity sensor located near the front camera is also used. This sensor is triggered when an object moves 1-15cm above the phone.

Options

122 Posts

10-14-2019

US

231 Signins

1574 Page Views

• Views: 1574
  • Message 10 of 12

2020-09-07, 7:18 AM
Yea I enabled Peek Display and disabled Approach to Wake because Approach to wake made it seem ultra sensitive..
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete