Options

1 Posts

06-29-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Phone will not work with T-Mobile WiFi calling. And nowhere in the specs it is specified.

2020-06-29, 19:58 PM

I replaced my old Motorola phone with Zoom because of the camera. Everything was working fine until I go on vacation and the part of town I'm in has no T-Mobile coverage. So I try to switch to WiFi calling and don't see any menu for that. Motorola support tells me that this phone is not compatible with T-Mobile WiFi calling. And they provide me with a list of phones that are compatible with WiFi Calling on T-Mobile.
So they do know which one of their phones will work with carrier but chose not to specify it in the phone specs.
If I knew it wasn't working with this specific feature I wouldn't have bought it.
And Motorola support tells me that it was my responsibility to call carrier before buying the phone to check if it would work with their WiFi calling feature. :) 

Options

65 Posts

06-29-2013

PL

60 Signins

551 Page Views

• Views: 551
  • Message 2 of 4

Phone will not work with T-Mobile WiFi calling. And nowhere in the specs it is specified.

2020-06-30, 6:42 AM
You're not alone! In Poland it doesn't support any carrier thought Xiaomi and Huawei have plenty of phones with VoLTE and VoWiFi in Poland.
Options

18179 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2278 Signins

55537 Page Views

• Views: 55537
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Phone will not work with T-Mobile WiFi calling. And nowhere in the specs it is specified.

2020-06-30, 14:21 PM

@ PaulVS wrote:

I replaced my old Motorola phone with Zoom because of the camera. Everything was working fine until I go on vacation and the part of town I'm in has no T-Mobile coverage. So I try to switch to WiFi calling and don't see any menu for that. Motorola support tells me that this phone is not compatible with T-Mobile WiFi calling. And they provide me with a list of phones that are compatible with WiFi Calling on T-Mobile.
So they do know which one of their phones will work with carrier but chose not to specify it in the phone specs.
If I knew it wasn't working with this specific feature I wouldn't have bought it.
And Motorola support tells me that it was my responsibility to call carrier before buying the phone to check if it would work with their WiFi calling feature. :) 

Hi.

In this case, we do indicate it on our carrier compatibility page, giving it a hollow check-mark indicating it doesn't support advanced features. However, I understand where you're coming from. 

Doesn't the phone roam onto a partner carrier when T-Mobile isn't available?

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

1 Posts

06-29-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:Phone will not work with T-Mobile WiFi calling. And nowhere in the specs it is specified.

2020-07-01, 0:00 AM

It wouldn't even occur to me to go to some compatibility page. Why would I do it if my previous Motorola phone worked with WiFi calling and my wife's Motorola phone works with WiFi calling.

Who would think that such a major feature wouldn't work,
Motorola must place link to this table in the specs of every phone.

Anyway I'm moving on to OnePlus 7t. $100 more with much better specs and definitely works with T-Mobile WiFi calling.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete