Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one zoom
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

07-20-2018

United States of America

34 Signins

305 Page Views

• Views: 305
  • Message 21 of 34

Re:Software Update Obligation

2020-06-18, 3:51 AM
The Zoom was Wifi Alliance-certified six months ago, so this explanation doesn't pass the smell test. More likely the problem, if there is one, is with the camera module and GCam 7. Oh the irony. However the more likely reason is that the Zoom didn't sell in sufficient volume and thus failed corporate accounting's cost-benefit analysis for release resource allocation. Of course support couldn't tell us that even if they were privy to such information. I've been pondering turning up the heat via Twitter but honestly the Zoom Android 10 releases fate is probably sealed one way or the other at this point. I'm more sad than mad at this point, I've been a loyal Motorola customer for years because I like the Android One no-nonsense approach to hardware and software. Unfortunately Motorola seems less and less interested in keeping up their end of the bargain.
Options

72 Posts

06-05-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

83 Signins

665 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 665
  • Message 22 of 34

2020-06-18, 12:24 PM
No please do express our concerns via Twitter. Even if nothing happens it will help prevent others buying these terribly supported phones.
Options

20127 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2605 Signins

65408 Page Views

• Views: 65408
  • Message 23 of 34

2020-06-18, 14:21 PM

@ BimmerLad wrote:

Hi Matt, Many thanks for the support but updates never manage to make it to "next month". If they did we wouldn't all be complaining. In the 5 months of my ownership I have never had an update in less than 3 months time. All of which come as the previous one is overdue.

Hi.

I won't dispute it - I know Zoom has been running behind. Again, I can't give dates but a new SMR is coming shortly. It's frustrating, I know. 

UPDATE: I keep forgetting to remind people to sign up for the Motorola Feedback Network, if you're particularly eager to get first crack at software. It's not a guarantee, but like they say about the lottery, you can't win if you don't play.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2020-06-23, 2:13 AM
We have not yet heard any explanation about why some many people’s phones are still stuck on the March 1st patch. Can anyone from Motorola please have the decency to address the issue to your community?
Options

20127 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2605 Signins

65408 Page Views

• Message 25 of 34

2020-06-23, 15:51 PM

@ PokePolymer wrote:

We have not yet heard any explanation about why some many people’s phones are still stuck on the March 1st patch. Can anyone from Motorola please have the decency to address the issue to your community?

Hi.

I've done so, here and here at least and probably other places as well.

I don't expect you to read all the posts, of course. I do hope you would do a quick look on this thread at least before this kind of accusation.

The May SMR is rolling out now. It may take a few days to reach all regions, and it's possible there are pockets where it isn't yet approved. Please wait a couple of days and if you still don't have it, let us know and we can check from our end: 

• Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. 
  • Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well. 
  • Let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. 
  • Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2020-06-23, 17:34 PM

Hi Matt,

I have read those posts. The fact is that they are far from being an explanation. You keep pointing to specific delays here and there, and issues with "partners", but the fact is that the update schedule for our $400 Zoom is consistently bad. 

Three months behind a monthly update cannot be due to specific problems, but only to bad policy and lack of priority -- And there is a lack of transparency on the part of Motorola as to why our phones are so often behind. We don't even know if Android 10 is coming out soon for us. Android 10 was released almost 10 months ago. Operating systems have a one-year life cycle. 

Here is what we want to hear from Motorola: Why is the Zoom so low priority? Can we trust that if we ever buy from Motorola again, we will get better service and support?

Nobody from Motorola has explained that to us.

Options

77 Posts

05-11-2020

Romania

93 Signins

1180 Page Views

• Views: 1180
  • Message 27 of 34

2020-06-23, 19:08 PM
You're so right!
Options

77 Posts

05-11-2020

Romania

93 Signins

1180 Page Views

• Message 28 of 34

2020-06-24, 15:12 PM
@Matt : nobody makes false accusation - the fact is that Zoom will receive A10 in the best scenario in September, when most of Android phones will enter în the testing zone for A11. Security updates are always late - not that we say are late but the phone get in the red zone for more than 3 weeks every quarter... We, the users, demand more attention for this model, although we are sure that Zoom is a lost cause.
Options

20127 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2605 Signins

65408 Page Views

• Message 29 of 34

2020-06-25, 14:29 PM

@ Cezarn wrote:

@Matt : nobody makes false accusation - the fact is that Zoom will receive A10 in the best scenario in September, when most of Android phones will enter în the testing zone for A11. Security updates are always late - not that we say are late but the phone get in the red zone for more than 3 weeks every quarter... We, the users, demand more attention for this model, although we are sure that Zoom is a lost cause.

Hi.

Look, I know that you are going to draw your own conclusions - that's your right. But I was accused of not addressing this issue, and I was simply pointing out that I had. This is not a matter of opinion. It's a fact.

I am certainly working with the Zoom team to see about improving our update track record. I won't argue that it's been disappointing.

-Matt

Options

77 Posts

05-11-2020

Romania

93 Signins

1180 Page Views

• Message 30 of 34

2020-06-25, 16:45 PM
Hope I hear better things next time I enter this forum, and also hope to start falling in love again with your device, and especialy with Zoom.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms