Options

45 Posts

10-04-2010

US

48 Signins

474 Page Views

• Views: 474
  • Message 1 of 7

appalling motorola service department complaint, how do I get through the robotic agents

2020-08-15, 12:29 PM

I bought a Moto one zoom 10 weeks ago, 30 email chain of non-communication with Lenovo/Motorola service/sales/aftersales team. Is there anyone alive in this black hole? is there anyone with a brain reading emails and answering questions?  Here's the story. Within 14 day period I decided to return it. First agent said fine, explained process of return and refund, and then stated that TNT would contact within 5-8 working days to arrange pick up. Nothing happened and no contact from TNT. Contacted Lenovo (Digital River service on email address? Based in Ireland?). 2nd agent didn't answer any of my questions and simply 'cut and pasted' exactly the same message. same time passes, no TNT contact, nothing happens. 8 agents later, I've had 2 'restarted' the order process, nothing happened. 2 more agents have said they would start an internal investigation and get back with a response. NOTHING has happened nor any responses. At one point I said I'd settle for a 100eu refund and sell the phone at a loss privately. No response. A month later, the aggravation, hassle and wasted time ought to be 200 compensation.  This has been total IGNORANCE at its worst. I've owned 6 top end Thinkpads and bought a Motorola thinking maybe Lenovo was capable of producing similar professonal service along the lines I've had with my Thinkpad experience. It seems a culturally endemic problem with Lenovo now. Is there a high level COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT contact that will  guarantee Lenovo/Motorola honors its contractural agreement to return and refund? 2 months of total business incompetence!

Options

31 Posts

02-07-2020

GB

40 Signins

466 Page Views

• Views: 466
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:appalling motorola service department complaint, how do I get through the robotic agents

2020-08-25, 8:01 AM

@ syrahnose wrote:

I bought a Moto one zoom 10 weeks ago, 30 email chain of non-communication with Lenovo/Motorola service/sales/aftersales team. Is there anyone alive in this black hole? is there anyone with a brain reading emails and answering questions?  Here's the story. Within 14 day period I decided to return it. First agent said fine, explained process of return and refund, and then stated that TNT would contact within 5-8 working days to arrange pick up. Nothing happened and no contact from TNT. Contacted Lenovo (Digital River service on email address? Based in Ireland?). 2nd agent didn't answer any of my questions and simply 'cut and pasted' exactly the same message. same time passes, no TNT contact, nothing happens. 8 agents later, I've had 2 'restarted' the order process, nothing happened. 2 more agents have said they would start an internal investigation and get back with a response. NOTHING has happened nor any responses. At one point I said I'd settle for a 100eu refund and sell the phone at a loss privately. No response. A month later, the aggravation, hassle and wasted time ought to be 200 compensation.  This has been total IGNORANCE at its worst. I've owned 6 top end Thinkpads and bought a Motorola thinking maybe Lenovo was capable of producing similar professonal service along the lines I've had with my Thinkpad experience. It seems a culturally endemic problem with Lenovo now. Is there a high level COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT contact that will  guarantee Lenovo/Motorola honors its contractural agreement to return and refund? 2 months of total business incompetence!

Hi @ syrahnose

Thanks for reporting this to us.

First of all, please accept our apologies for the experience you had with one of our support teams, as this is not up to our standards.

I would like to investigate this further for you, so I will need more information.

Could you please let me know where did you purchase the device from, Lenovo website or Motorola website?

Could you also please confirmed where are you located?

Thank you

- Marta

Options

45 Posts

10-04-2010

US

48 Signins

474 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

Re:appalling motorola service department complaint, how do I get through the robotic agents

2020-09-09, 15:05 PM

Just to let you know. I purchased the phone off French Lenovo web site. But its clear that ALL European sites are served by this horrible Lenovo subsidy, Digital River, who appear based in Ireland handling orders in several languages. Or that's their domanin name at least suggests. 

I did get my refund almost 10 weeks after the return was meant to be initiated -- after many 5 biz day promises passed.  In the end I contacted two more robotic 'cut and past' desk jockies. Finally, TNT sent a pick up notice and after a week, Lenovo acknowledged they got the package, 4 days after it had been delivered. then sent me another 'cut and paste' promise to pay within 14 business days. payment happened quicker. 

Becky Moto contacted me privately to sort things out, off US site. Within a couple of days things seemed to start happening. Kudos to her. 

However, I will NEVER, ever buy a Motorola phone again. And after being a repeat Thinkpad person from my old x60 through several 2 in 1 pre- yoga and yoga thinkpads, I doubt I will ever buy another Lenovo product again either. Apple or Dell, here I come. My current X1 Yoga has had it's share of problems and is nowhere near as robust or trustworthy as earlier thinkpads. I've dealt with Lenovo USA, NZ, UK, Canada and France, unfortunately now. It no longer serves us old road warriors and consistently rips off customers in any country it can get away with. I was trying to get a USA keyboard replacement for my X1 here in France and can't get one shipped here from USA nor get one with a Yankee keyboard here in France. My trust in the brand is gone forever. 

Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

384 Signins

26895 Page Views

• Views: 26895
  • Message 4 of 7

2020-09-10, 10:25 AM

@ syrahnose wrote:

Just to let you know. I purchased the phone off French Lenovo web site. But its clear that ALL European sites are served by this horrible Lenovo subsidy, Digital River, who appear based in Ireland handling orders in several languages. Or that's their domanin name at least suggests. 

I did get my refund almost 10 weeks after the return was meant to be initiated -- after many 5 biz day promises passed.  In the end I contacted two more robotic 'cut and past' desk jockies. Finally, TNT sent a pick up notice and after a week, Lenovo acknowledged they got the package, 4 days after it had been delivered. then sent me another 'cut and paste' promise to pay within 14 business days. payment happened quicker. 

Becky Moto contacted me privately to sort things out, off US site. Within a couple of days things seemed to start happening. Kudos to her. 

However, I will NEVER, ever buy a Motorola phone again. And after being a repeat Thinkpad person from my old x60 through several 2 in 1 pre- yoga and yoga thinkpads, I doubt I will ever buy another Lenovo product again either. Apple or Dell, here I come. My current X1 Yoga has had it's share of problems and is nowhere near as robust or trustworthy as earlier thinkpads. I've dealt with Lenovo USA, NZ, UK, Canada and France, unfortunately now. It no longer serves us old road warriors and consistently rips off customers in any country it can get away with. I was trying to get a USA keyboard replacement for my X1 here in France and can't get one shipped here from USA nor get one with a Yankee keyboard here in France. My trust in the brand is gone forever. 

I understand how you feel and I really want to apologize for the experience. I will definitely pass it along to our concerned team regarding your case and the inconvenience caused.

We want our users to be satisfied with our products.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

77 Posts

05-11-2020

RO

93 Signins

1180 Page Views

• Views: 1180
  • Message 5 of 7

2020-09-10, 11:30 AM

'We want our users to be satisfied with our products' - I guess it's just a phrase, because you are on the wrong forum. Here are the One Zoom clients that are waiting for the A10 upgrade for about an year, so I believe you know we are not quite satisfied with the product and the communication with Motorola.

Options

46 Posts

06-05-2020

GB

29 Signins

280 Page Views

• Views: 280
  • Message 6 of 7

2020-09-11, 13:38 PM

Couldn't have said the above better myself. The absolute disgrace of service provided to the one zoom has made many people including myself give up on the whole brand. Never again will I buy one of your devices. Lenovo included. 

Options

45 Posts

10-04-2010

US

48 Signins

474 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2020-09-11, 14:30 PM

I understand you are a volunteer and not paid by Lenovo so this isn't addressed to you. 

Every email I got back from Lenovo was full of empty 'cut and paste' words pretending sympathy and empathy for my poor treatment ALWAYS promising to fix the problem and move the process on. It was a total ongoing joke how none of questions or points I raised what ever answered directly either because there was no intent to really do anything about it or they had to admit total incompetence. 

Even if you pass on my assessment of their horrible service I doubt I will ever hear back from them. I filled in 3 'customer surveys' related to this and not a peep back from them. 

As others who have responded here, I doubt I will ever buy another Lenovo product again after close to 20 years of loyalty and thousands of $$ spent. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete