Options

110 Posts

04-23-2016

US

193 Signins

1022 Page Views

• Views: 1022
  • Message 11 of 13

Re: P70: Replace DVD Drive with SSD using ThinkPad Mobile Workstation Storage Kit

2016-04-25, 22:32 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has ordered the component that allows you to swap out the DVD drive and install a SSD drive enclosure in its place with the part number reference abive that needs to be ordered over the phone.

Options

110 Posts

04-23-2016

US

193 Signins

1022 Page Views

• Views: 1022
  • Message 12 of 13

Re: P70: Replace DVD Drive with SSD using ThinkPad Mobile Workstation Storage Kit

2016-04-26, 13:45 PM

wrote:

wrote:

No. That's for the HDD bay. Barely useful for P70 owners who only got m2 drives; it is barely needed other than making a snugger fit. For P50 owners it's necessary.

What you want is part 00NY314 but you won't find it on the Lenovo store. You have to call into the services and parts department to order it (I can't even find it by the online lookup in that division.) It looks like the the DVD drive if you pulled it out but the top is open where you put the hard drive in and the outside edge is smooth to match the bezel.

This is super useful to know. Thank you so much. I definitely don't want a useless optical drive so I will place my order with the Part # 00NY314 that you suggested. Is there a way to order that part online or what phone number do I call?

Glad to hear that the part has a smooth bezel on the side to match the removed DVD drive as that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Really too bad this is not an option on the configurator. I can't remember the last time I used an optical drive on a computer...

So I was on the phone to buy this part and though it comes up just as a bezel as far as the description is concerned they confirmed that this is the SSD enclosure for replacing a DVD drive. The good news is you can order this online and the bad news is that this is out of stock until June 10th.

https://lenovo.encompass.com/item/10691522/Lenovo/00NY314/Bz_bezelsdoors

If you have a P70 and don't use the DVD drive seems like a good accessory to get so that in the future you have the option of adding an extra drive, perhaps for data backup. I also find it very annoying when the DVD drive makes sounds when you open Explorer and other applications.

Also for anyone interested in this part, this is what it looks like:

http://postimg.org/image/4ohnf4mtd/

Options

1 Posts

08-27-2016

US

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 13 of 13

2016-08-27, 2:08 AM
Apparently the part number is different. I found a part number 4XH0L67917, with the replacement part numbered 01AV333. Order it at https://www.lenovoquickpick.com/usa/system/thinkpad/p-series/p70#accessory/67592 I don't know why they make it so hard to find.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save