US

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 1

Y70 touch died shortly after screen flickering

2016-05-04, 23:59 PM

Hi folks,

my Y70 just died yesterday shortly after screen flickering. The flickering started a day earlier at a random pattern, barley noticeable.

Yesterday however the flickering increased somewhat and the laptop suddently shut down. I was able to restart but while booting it shut down again. A couple time I could access the boot menue ( I tried to boot in recovery) but it almost instantly shut down. This play was going on for maybe 5-6 times. Then the laptop wasn't powering on any more at all.

I was able to see that the battery indication was showing 86% during one of the failed start ups.

Of course I am out of warranty since 4 month :smileyindifferent:

Contacting the support is a pain (and I wasnt able yet). Punching in the S/N in the first screen was just creating a wait animation and nothing else. I tried two different browser though both with the same result.

On the second screen I was able to enter the S/N but it was generating this cryptic message. BTW clicking "yes" does of course nothing.

message (under the black box the S/N was just repeated)

Does any one else expirienced such behavior?

I assume it's hardware related, can some one with knowledge point me in the right direction to find the faulty part?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save