CA

4 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 1 of 4

Problem connecting to public wifi

2019-11-26, 14:30 PM

Hi,

Newly purchased Motorola One action.  Login for public wifi hangs on connectivitycheck.gstatic blank page.  No other wifi issues.  Tried turning wifi on then off , forgetting network, then reconnecting, restarting phone. Nothing seems to work. Got the november 1st security patch yesterday hoping that it would solve problem, but problem persists.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Options

17579 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2195 Signins

51787 Page Views

• Views: 51787
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Problem connecting to public wifi

2019-11-27, 14:50 PM

wrote:

Hi,

Newly purchased Motorola One action.  Login for public wifi hangs on connectivitycheck.gstatic blank page.  No other wifi issues.  Tried turning wifi on then off , forgetting network, then reconnecting, restarting phone. Nothing seems to work. Got the november 1st security patch yesterday hoping that it would solve problem, but problem persists.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi.

Is it just one network that you are having issues with? What details can you provide about it? And can you post a screenshot of the error?

There is a good chance we will need a wifi bug report to investigate. Not as tough as it looks, I promise. :)

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report via an email to supportforums@motorola.com. Please include a link to this thread.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Also, please provide the Wifi router make, model, security type, and band 2.4 or 5ghz, if possible. With the public network, maybe you can't.

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2 Posts

11-26-2019

CA

4 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-11-27, 17:32 PM

Email sent.  How do I disable the developper options?

Thanks

Options

17579 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2195 Signins

51787 Page Views

• Views: 51787
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-12-04, 19:24 PM

wrote:

Email sent.  How do I disable the developper options?

Thanks

Hi.

There is a switch at the top of the Dev Option page in the phone that you can just toggle off. 

Thanks for the bug report. I'll let you know if we can learn anything on this.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save