• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 8

Yoga C940 15" keyboard, power button and lid cannot wake up device

2020-01-17, 11:07 AM

The following are attempted solutions that do not work:

"Run PowerShell / Command Prompt as Administrator" and execute

powercfg -deviceenablewake "<device name>"

It says I have no permission.

❌ "Super Administrator" account. Same result.

❌ Updated drivers of as many devices as I can. Updated UEFI.

❌ Updated Windows.

❌ Tried this. Still did not work.

I have checked the devices that can be set to wake up the computer by executing

powercfg -devicequery wake_programmable

and it only showed the Wi-Fi adapter and the fingerprint reader. No keyboard, mouse, touchpad, lid, USB or Bluetooth.

At this point, I am inclined to believe something is wrong with the UEFI.

Solved! See the solution
Options

733 Posts

08-02-2018

US

411 Signins

10354 Page Views

• Views: 10354
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga C940 15" keyboard, power button and lid cannot wake up device

2020-01-17, 15:19 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

We would like to learn more about the issue. How do you put the laptop in sleep mode? Were you able to wake up the laptop from sleep using keyboard, power button or lid before? Were there any changes or updates prior to the issue? 

Kindly check if the keyboard was set to wake up the computer from sleep in device manager. 

Device Manager>Keyboards>properties>power management>make sure allow this device to wake the computer has a check

In addition, look at Advanced Power Settings. Open Control Panel, Select Power Options, then select Change Plan Settings, then Change Advanced Power Settings. Look through all the options that can be changed & see if that helps. Don't forget to press the Apply button to save changes.

Update us how it goes.

Auxen

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

0 Posts

01-17-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2020-01-17, 17:19 PM

Auxen,

Thanks for your concern. The wake-up problem typically occurs when I close the lid, and try to wake it up afterwards. It does not consistently occur, but when it does, the only solution is to shut it down by long-pressing the power button and turn it on again, which is immensely inconvenient and has caused loss of unsaved work before.

I do not remember a clear cutoff at which the problem began to occur. Maybe there were automatic updates or something.

There is no "Power Management" tab for most devices in Device Manager. Not the mouse, the keyboard, the lid, the touchpad, or the power button. There does not seem to be a fix, since I have tried everything I can find online.

Advanced Power Settings does not have anything related to waking up from hardware.

That's all the updates I have so far.

Options

733 Posts

08-02-2018

US

411 Signins

10354 Page Views

• Views: 10354
  • Message 4 of 8

2020-01-17, 17:43 PM

Thanks for getting back to us and we appreciate all the steps that you've tried.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the display adapter and turn off the fast start up

If still does the same, then we suggest to back up your data and reset the laptop to its factory settings. 

Follow the steps here to reset the laptop.

Update us how it goes.

Auxen

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

77 Posts

12-08-2019

US

141 Signins

1084 Page Views

• Views: 1084
  • Message 5 of 8

2020-01-18, 3:05 AM
Did you upgrade to Windows 1909 after the issue of not wanting to wake from sleep started to occur? This glitch happened even when I was on Windows 1909, and re-installing it to keep my files did the trick. Resets did not work (resetting from settings) but if it were my exact case a reset + download 1909 from Microsoft's site should also work.
Options

0 Posts

01-17-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-01-18, 22:14 PM
Auxen,

I reinstalled the display adapters and turned off fast startup as you suggested. The problem has not reoccurred so far.

Thanks!
Options

0 Posts

01-17-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2020-01-18, 22:17 PM

wrote:
Did you upgrade to Windows 1909 after the issue of not wanting to wake from sleep started to occur? This glitch happened even when I was on Windows 1909, and re-installing it to keep my files did the trick. Resets did not work (resetting from settings) but if it were my exact case a reset + download 1909 from Microsoft's site should also work.

The problem appeared some time after I updated the system to 1909. So far Auxen's solution seems to work, and I might try resetting if the problem reappears.

Options

77 Posts

12-08-2019

US

141 Signins

1084 Page Views

• Views: 1084
  • Message 8 of 8

2020-01-18, 22:48 PM
I see, good to hear. Didn't try reinstalling display adapters for when that glitch started happening on my end but will definitely give a try and see if it happens again.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save