Romania

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 51 of 652

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature on G550G

2009-12-22, 9:41 AM

Hi,

i have a lenovo G550G laptop. i tried to burn a Factory Recovery DVD using Onekey Recovery tool. i chose Create Recovery disk, selected Factory Default recovery disk and got to the burning options. I realized I do not have any blank dvd so I close the program. The service partition became visible. When i tried again to burn the Factory Default recovery disk I received the following error: The program cannot find the service partition. This function is currently unavailable. I tried to hide gaain the partition, but still could not get it working. Is there any solution for the problem?

Thanks

Options

10 Posts

12-29-2009

Chennai, India

17 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 52 of 652

Lenovo Hidden partition visible.

2009-12-29, 1:38 AM

I have the same problem. Once I burned the recovery disks for the factory default restore option, the hidden partition is visible and when I try to burn another set of recovery disks, I get an error saying that the service partition is not found.

Options

1 Posts

01-02-2010

USA

3 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 53 of 652

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature on Y410

2010-01-02, 5:14 AM

Hello Mark Hopkins,

I am one of the frustrated  customer of Lenovo Y410 notebook like many other customer on this forum I also made note of your posts which instructs all users of Y410 not to resize the C: partition in any circumstances. I ran in to this problem reaching the capacity of C: partition of 29.29 GB and I have gone through all temp and other memory consuming files to best of my knowledge out of C: partition but I constantly keep getting this message of C: "drive is full and I cannot run the program." I tried to take this up with your support team by calling your  toll free number 877-453-6686 I got connected to your system support team and also has to speak to their leader Jerry in Philippines he offered to help after I agree to pay $49 for out of warranty help then after some negotiations he agreed to send me a disk to repartition my hard disk to change the size of my C: partition well 5 weeks after we spoke I have yet to see the "promised disk to reformat my hard disk partition so this evening I called them again and Jerry  tells me there is no fix for changing the size of partitions. 

My question is do you really have a fix for this problem or you are going to leave your customer hanging to figure out on their own? I simply don't understand why would you have chosen the partition sizes that creates such problem and it really is a software fix what does it take to increase the size of C: partition from 29.29GB to some thing larger. Please advise what are my options to get over this issue?

Options

2 Posts

10-15-2008

Charlotte, NC

5 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 54 of 652

2010-01-02, 13:55 PM

@"HemendraJani wrote:

Hello Mark Hopkins,

I am one of the frustrated  customer of Lenovo Y410 notebook like many other customer on this forum I also made note of your posts which instructs all users of Y410 not to resize the C: partition in any circumstances. I ran in to this problem reaching the capacity of C: partition of 29.29 GB and I have gone through all temp and other memory consuming files to best of my knowledge out of C: partition but I constantly keep getting this message of C: "drive is full and I cannot run the program." I tried to take this up with your support team by calling your  toll free number 877-453-6686 I got connected to your system support team and also has to speak to their leader Jerry in Philippines he offered to help after I agree to pay $49 for out of warranty help then after some negotiations he agreed to send me a disk to repartition my hard disk to change the size of my C: partition well 5 weeks after we spoke I have yet to see the "promised disk to reformat my hard disk partition so this evening I called them again and Jerry  tells me there is no fix for changing the size of partitions. 

My question is do you really have a fix for this problem or you are going to leave your customer hanging to figure out on their own? I simply don't understand why would you have chosen the partition sizes that creates such problem and it really is a software fix what does it take to increase the size of C: partition from 29.29GB to some thing larger. Please advise what are my options to get over this issue? "

I also had problems with the small size of the C drive on my Y410. It rapidly filled and I was told that "drive is full and cannot run the program". After becoming frustrated at not receiving an adequate answer as to how to re-partition the drives, I took the more drastic step of copying all my files from the C drive onto backup disks and the using the NOVO button to reformat the C drive to the state that it was in when it left the factory.

By doing so, I was able to free up about 15 to  20GB of space on the C drive and programs then would load and run. After doing this, I reinstalled files from the  backup discs to the D drive and now I am more careful to ensure that anything that is placed in memory goes to the D drive rather than the C drive. The Y410 now works beautifully. This was accomplished about 1 year ago, and I have had no subsequent problems.

The small size of the C partition makes sense in that only the most important programs are loaded on this portion of the drive and are separated from the rest of the drive in case a reformat is required if the drive becomes contaminated. The problem arises in that most users (and most programs) assume that the C drive should be the destination when downloading new programs. On this machine, the user has to be more vigilant to ensure that the programs and files  have a destination on the D drive rather than the C drive so that the small C drive does not fill up too quickly.

Also, there are some programs that don't give the user an option as to on which drive they should be loaded--Google Earth comes to mind--so I choose to forgo putting them on this machine.

Refer to your manual as to the use of the NOVO button----GOOD LUCK!

John Stephens

Charlotte, NC  USA

Options

5 Posts

01-13-2010

Cleveland

17 Signins

164 Page Views

• Views: 164
  • Message 55 of 652

2010-01-15, 12:00 PM

Hi

I have formatted my backup partition of N100 3000. So I have lost my windows backup and now I have an additional free partition and lenovo recovery system doesn't work.

Is there any solution to get my backup back.

Can I ask lenovo to send me sth to recover?

Options

10 Posts

12-29-2009

Chennai, India

17 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 56 of 652

2010-01-15, 16:52 PM

Any update to my problem regarding the visible hidden partition and the one key recovery not working???

i tried to burn a Factory Recovery DVD using Onekey Recovery tool. i chose Create Recovery disk, selected Factory Default recovery disk and got to the burning options. I realized I do not have any blank dvd so I close the program. The service partition became visible. When i tried again to burn the Factory Default recovery disk I received the following error: The program cannot find the service partition. This function is currently unavailable. I tried to hide gaain the partition, but still could not get it working. Is there any solution for the problem?

Options

84 Posts

01-04-2010

Des Moines

192 Signins

1160 Page Views

• Views: 1160
  • Message 57 of 652

2010-01-19, 21:55 PM

I wonder who at Lenovo came up with the brilliant idea of creating all these partitions?  To me it is more confusing than it is worth dealing wtih.  I used a partition manager to shrink the D partition on my G550 because I don't plan on using it anyway.  I didn't delete it for fear that it would mess up my system.  My preferred way of backing up my system is with disk imaging software - I use TrueImage from Acronis.   It would have been a lot easier for Lenovo to have just created one partition, the C drive, and given us all an Operating System recovery disk with the drivers on a separate disk.  If your hard drive get's corrupted just boot off the recovery DVD and you are back where you first started.  In fact - with Windows 7 it will find all the drivers for you if you are hooked to the internet. 

I'm sure the intention was to make this idiot proof by allowing users to just hit the one button recovery after their system is trashed by viruses or whatever and poof they are back.  But what if you want to use some of that precious space for your C drive?  What if you decide to shrink some of the partitions?  Or what if you want to upgrade to a larger hard drive?   I guess this wasn't very well thought out at Lenovo. 

I'm sure they justified this idiotic system by saving about  .50 cents per unit by not bothering to give us the recovery disks  and felt it would be better for them to make everyone create their own DVD's.  Since no one apparently can answer these partition questions from Lenovo  I guess it doesn't really matter anyway.  

If it were me - I would just do a low level format on the whole bloody drive and do a clean install with Windows 7 to create just one partition - then use the method I talked about above and regularly image the drive.  Simple, clean and neat.  I'm pretty sure that from a clean install of Windows 7 you can get rid of all the partitions, including the hidden one, and create a new partition structure - but I might be wrong. 

If you don't do this - how the heck are you supposed to be able to upgrade your hard drive down the road to a bigger one with this goofy partition structure?  I can't figure it out and I'm pretty handy with PC's. 

If anyone deciphers this mystery, please let us know. 

Options

4 Posts

10-31-2009

Knoxville , tn

12 Signins

103 Page Views

• Views: 103
  • Message 58 of 652

2010-01-19, 22:00 PM

I will never buy another Lenovo. I cannot even download Window service Pack since my C drive, I never add to it , does not have the space

Options

2 Posts

01-20-2010

India

1 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 59 of 652

Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature on G550

2010-01-20, 17:49 PM

I bought brand new G550 laptop.It has 320GB Hard Disk.

As you said factory default Hard disk partition:  C: Smaller space & rest is of D drive.

But in my G550 laptop, C drive have 252GB of 320 GB.

I also want the same partition as you said.

D drive with 252GB space with NOVO button feature.

Please tell me how to do??

Options

1 Posts

01-27-2010

singapore

1 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 60 of 652

2010-01-27, 16:03 PM

i facing some problem now..

my NOVO button is no working..... when i press this button ( notebook at off condition )

it become a "on" button....

history

I format my computer and reinstall the XP ( original is Vista)

but after sometime i reformat again using the NOVO button...

after that i reliase i have a pratition G ( except C and D ) which i cant be use....

and then i reformat this partition ..

I wonder is it this is the place where the back up keep ...

because after i format this partition... ( size of Partition G is around 13.8G )

( i guess this is the reason )

NOVO button become "on" button now..

if really happen that ..

where i can redownload this back up file at lenovo website

( my computer model is Y410)

Thanks for your help

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save