Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karma2burn
What's DOS?
Views: 39,724

Flex 15 - 2-Finger Tap (right click) not working Win 8.0

Flex 15 inch, Windows 8.0

I have tried the following procedure posted all over the place:

1. Disable Edge Swipe via the normal Synaptics settings: Control Panel -> Mouse -> Device Settings -> Settings -> Edge Swipe -> Uncheck.

2. To manually re-enable two finger tap, hit windows key + x, select "run", enter "regedit" then hit enter, and on the left pane browse to the following location:

HKEY_USERS\<SID name for your current user>\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadPS2

3. In the right pane double click on 2FingerTapAction and change the value to a "2" for right click, or a "4" for middle click (I use 2). Also double click on 2FingerTapPluginID and clear any value it may have.

4. Next in the right pane, and this is what disabling Edge Swipe actually changes which breaks everything, find the MultiFingerTapFlags key and change it from a 2 to a 3 (it's originally a 3 before you disable Edge Swipe).

Still doesn't work. I have tried the latest Synaptics drivers for Win8.0 and 8.1 (posted here). Nothing gets the 2 finger tap to right click to work. I have tried the the generic Synaptic driver and it worked but it screwed up scrolling and the mouse pointer was acting strange. Are there other options for drivers?

Please help,

Thanks

Mod's Edit: System model added to Subject line to improve visibility / clarity

Who Me Too'd this topic