Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lenovo Staff
(9,282 Views)
Re: Bug report: Power Manager causes slow performance after resuming from hibernation
[ Edited ]

Justin_KM,

I discussed this with Power Manager team and they think this problem can happen due to a feature of Power Manager called Fast Hibernation Resume.  The idea is that Power Manager will page out most application memory to disk before the hibernation.  Then the hibernation file will be as small as possible, resulting in a faster resume time.  But I guess it can cause this side effect you found if multiple applications have to page in lots of memory from disk, after the resume.  Then you would end up with heavy disk usage and slow application performance, until finally the memory is restored from pagefile.

Anyway, if you want to try Power Manager again, please install the latest version and then apply this reg file to disable the function that we think is causing your problem:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62276273/DisableFastHibernationResume.reg

Reboot after applying the reg file.  This assumes you are running 64-bit Windows.  If you are running 32-bit Windows, let me know and I will give you a different reg file.

View solution in original post

Who Me Too'd this solution