cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cabb99
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,973

Lenovo Y50-70 Wi-Fi problem

I`ve a Lenovo Y50-70 with an WiFi adapter: Intel DualBand Wireless AC 7260.

I normally don`t have internet conection problems at home. Nevertheless the laptop have serious trouble when connecting with a network with multiple access points with the same name (SSID). The WiFi signal wildly changes between 0-5 lines or disconects from the network. It is not a network problem since my cellphone and other laptops can connect easily to the network. Also I can see that the ping latency times suddenly jumps.

I have found a spot in my room where the laptop does not suffer from this problem, maybe because one access point has a stronger signal than the others.

Nevertheless this is clearly a problem. I have downloaded the latest drivers and the energy settings are balanced.

Some post before this suggested that the problem may be in the roaming configuration. I changed it to the minimum and rebooted the laptop, and no changes. If set to the maximum also not changes. It is currently at medium.

This is a serious problem specially in locations with multiple access points with the same SSID as plazas, hotels, universities, libraries or airports, that makes this laptop useless.

I haven`t found a solution in the forum to previous request.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Who Me Too'd this topic