cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thrife
Paper Tape
Views: 38,910

Lenovo Y50-70 black screen at random times

Hi everbody i've got a very strange Problem with my Notebook. Here the Specs (copy-pasted from amazon 'cause I'm lazy):

Lenovo Y50-70 39,6 cm(15,6 Zoll UHD IPS)
Intel Core i7-4710HQ, 3,5 GHz
12GB RAM
Hybrid SSHD 1TB (8GB)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M/4GB

Since i've bought it (about 1 1/2 months ago) after I've installed Windows 8.1 and upgraded it to 10 I sometimes get a black screen, one without the cursor like it occured to many after upgrading to w10, restarting always helped and everything was shiny.

The thing is that my screen does not turn off, it's just black but still running (visible by the slight light it's still casting). It started to happen very rare, perhaps after a week or so but today I get the problem constantly with different patterns:

via normal Boot:

- Starting the PC -> black screen

- Starting the PC -> "LENOVO" shows up -> black screen

- Starting the PC -> "LENOVO" shows up -> Windows is loading -> black screen

- Starting the PC -> "LENOVO" shows up -> Windows is loading -> Welcome screen -> black screen

- Starting the PC -> "LENOVO" shows up -> Windows is loading -> Welcome screen -> -> login -> black screen

- Starting the PC -> "LENOVO" shows up -> Windows is loading -> Welcome screen -> -> login -> after a random time: you guessed it - black screen

The list repeated itself several times today which drove me quite crazy then and now, also restart has no power anymore...

The same happens during the advanced Boot (the small button left to the Power Button), even when i've requested a Recovery Startup. Only time it runs smoothly is during the Safe Mode.

I've already tried several things like deleting the Intel Graphics, which granted me access to the normal system mode. There I've updated BIOS to 3.0.3. Now I'm testing the Nvidia Driver (reinstalling etc). Interestingly I've observed an ominous "PnP-Screen (standard)" which had a yellow flag next to it in the device manager, eventhough no second Screen is plugged in to the machine. Maybe that's the one annoying me for severa hours today.

Also I'm plugged to my TV right now which helps me to at least get a picture. Also during this state there are 2 "pnp-Screens (standard)" shown in the device manager, none of them with the flag..

Do you guys know anything about this problem, has anyone stumbled across this too and has THE TIPP to save me and my sanity?

Who Me Too'd this topic