cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Presz16
Paper Tape
Views: 2,473

Edge 2-1580 Brocken LCD

My son saved his Christmas and Birthday money to buy a Edge 2-1580 laptop from Bestbuy. He had the computer/laptop for 15 days before the LCD chipped and cracked. He did not drop it. Some how the lower right corner bent upward. The soft aluminum base bent easily. It pushed up into the glass and shatter the glass.

We took it back to BestBuy to get it repaired or replaced. The Geek Squad sent it to there repair center. The repair center called a few days later to tell us it would cost over $550 to replace the LCD unit. We found that the credit card company we used to purchase it would cover $500 in repairs. The unit cost him just over $649.

I think this is a design fault by Lenovo. To soft of a base unit. I would suspect that a lot more glass will need to be replaced in the future. The problem is the availability of the glass is restricted for the average person. 

If anyone has an idea of where to purchase the glass or if the internal parts will fit into a different model, please let me know. I have a feeling this will happen again after it returned.

Who Me Too'd this topic