Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
racarlos
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 7,249

YOGA 700 Yoga Mode Control high CPU usage in Rundll32

Hello All,

I have an issue with my YOGA 700 laptop when logged in multiple accounts simultaneously. Whenever an account is left logged on and the user is switched as opposed to logging off, the cpu usage ramps up very high with several RUNDLL32 processes being the culprit. I have checked the RUNDLL32 processes with Process Explorer and the command line are as follows:

C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe C:\ProgramData\LenovoTransition\Server\x64\EnableAutoRotation.dll,RunCustomMonitor

The directory is as follows: 

C:\ProgramData\LenovoTransition\Server\x64\

The only solution I have found is restarting the laptop. The problems comes back when again more than one user is logged in. Also, the rundll32 processes only run high cpu on one account at a time and there doesn't seem to be a preference for a specific account, all of them are plagued one at a time with the problem. Disabling the Yoga Mode Control service is a fix but that breaks the mode control which is essential in this laptop. I have tried installing all the available software on the Software page foor the YOGA 700. The rundll32 processes drain the battery very fast and I can't always log off other users when they have apps open! 

I have posted a screenshot of process explorer showing 2 rundll32.exe processes using 25% cpu usage each. However, sometimes up to 4 rundll32.exe processes open up and they use combined 100% cpu usage, which makes the laptop run very hot and slow. In those occassions, a restart is unavoidable. 

Anyone can help with this or could this be passed to the development team for an update? My YOGA 700 is still in warranty, should I contact customer services regarding this?

Thank you all.

Ramin

Who Me Too'd this topic