09-24-2016 08:07 PM
So I have a few questions about this PC I acquired recently, still being somewhat of a newbie to the building/modifying PC world. I have found the overview and the detailed specifications page on this PC, but for me, they are a bit hard to understand.
What my ultimate goal is that i'll be able to make this into an XP Era gaming computer, have a lot of old PC games and I would like to play them. Yes I know its a bit silly to do when there's Steam and X amount of core processors available, but for nostalgia's sake, humor me.
So specs first, then questions.
M55(not sure if its a p, e, or whatever else there is)
Motherboard: LENOVO LGA775
Socket 775 LGA
Processor: Intel Pentium D 925 3.0 GHz
Bios Version: LENOVO 2JKT35AUS 4/30/07
OS: Windows 7 Ult 32-bit
So here are my questions,
- Is the mobo 64 bit compatible or is it up to the cpu? (I plan on putting XP 64 bit if so)
- What is the max amount, max speed the mobo can handle? (And if I put higher speed ram in would it be beneficial or would it just clock it down to whatever it needed)
- Is is possible to upgrade the cpu at all and if so what are some of my options? (say to a 945 Pentium D 3.0 GHz or anything better?)
- How does the whole mobo controls cpu choice/ cpu dictates ram speed/ ram limited to mobo or however it goes work anyways?
- Best or any graphics cards that still support XP out there? (more than 256MB, and dual monitor setup possible?)
- I heard you can put XP on a SSD, but its not recommended without certain settings, thoughts?
Any input on any of these questions would be a great help to me.