cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ADavis32
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,141

Lenovo 300-15ISK IdeaPad Broken Case around Power Connector

In December of 2015 I bought my daughter a Lenovo 300-15ISK IdeaPad. In many ways it was a good laptop, but it wasn't durable and I wouldn't buy another one. After 5 months (May 2016) part of the housing around the power connection was broken. Because of this the power cord wouldn't plug in all the way and the IdeaPad wouldn't charge. I took it back to where I had purchased it (MicroCenter) to be repaired. I was told that this type of repair was not covered by the warranty, and the price they quoted me was over $300 (about 3/4 of what I paid for the laptop). I was upset that the repairs weren't covered and that they were so expensive. Other places near me had similar prices for this repair.

Luckily I was able to jury-rig a solution so the power connection would stay in place and the IdeaPad could be plugged in and charged. My solution lasted until late 2016 before I needed to adjust it again. That 'solution' lasted until this March before it failed again. This time the power connection became detached from the interior of the laptop. So I opened up the laptop in order to fix it again. This IdeaPad was clearly not designed to be repaired -- opening it up was an adventure which strained my abilities and patience. I was able to reconnect the power connection and reclose the laptop, but the IdeaPad will no longer start.

So I am left with a bricked IdeaPad, a poor opinion of the durability of Lenovo products, and a worse opinion of Lenovo warranty terms.

Who Me Too'd this topic