cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iCarioca
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,319

Re: Ideapad 710s plus 13-ISK Cant use fingerprint to login (No windows hello as well)

Hi, 

I had the same problem after reinstalling Windows 10: the system was recognizing the fingerprint reader but it couldn't load the driver. The same message appeared to me. After looking for a solution, I found an alternative that worked for me. 

The Ideapad 710s Plus's fingerprint reader is "Synaptics WBDI". As the driver provided by lenovo on IDEAPAD 710S PLUS's support page didn't work for me, I tried to find another lenovo computer with the same Synaptics WBDI fingerprint reader with newer drivers. 

So, I found the Lenovo Flex 5 1570's fingerprint driver

I followed these steps: 

1. Download the driver (http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/es/es/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/FLEX-SERIES/FLEX-5-1570/80XB/downlo...

2. Run the wizard; it will extract the drivers (usually on C:\DRIVERS)

3. Go to "Devices manager" ->  Biometric Devices -> You should see the Synaptics WBDI logo with an exclamation or something like that.

4. Right click -> Properties -> Click on "Driver" tab -> Update driver -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. -> You will see "Synaptics WBDI"

5. Choose "Have Disk" -> Choose "Copy manufacturer's files from (BROWSE)" 

6. A browser window will appear. Find the folder where you extracted the driver (by default: C:\Drivers\xxx). The file you need is called "synaWudfBioLenovoLBG.inf". It's located inside Finger Print Driver > Source > 5.5.2602.1050 > synaWudfBioLenovoLBG.inf.

7. Click on "OK" > Next > Wait until windows installs the driver. 

8. A "Windows has successfully updated your driver software" message should appear. 

9. Restart your computer. 

10. The fingerprint reader should be working again and Windows Hello options should be available again. 

Good luck!

Who Me Too'd this solution