cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhijeet715
Paper Tape
Views: 6,724

Re: Hosted Network Supported: No Problem for Lenovo 310-15ISK Laptop (ideapad)

I know I wont get any reply either from Lenovo or Microsoft, so I managed to get a solution myself. If you recall, there is a folder with the stock drivers in Ideapad device you purchased. In that, there are stock drivers for your device, even for older version of windows. All you have to do is open Device Manager, go to Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter under Network Adapters, right click > Properties > Drivers Tab > Update Driver. Here, select the "Browse my computer for device software". Over there, select "Let me pick up from a list of drivers available in my computer". After that, click "Have Disk", navigate to this folder of stock drivers. In that folder, you will find a folder named "Wlan". In that, open the "Driver Only" folder, in that, open the "Win8.1" folder, select "win32" or "x64" according to the architecture of your device (win32 is 32-bit devices and x64 is 64-bit devices). Inside there, you will find a file named "netathrx.inf". Select that, and then click next and wait for the driver to install. Once done installing, disable and enable the Qualcomm Atheros device and you are good to go. Open command prompt with ADMINISTRSATOR rights and type "netsh wlan show driver". If it says "Hosted network support: Yes", you have succeeded and now can create a wifi hotspot using hosted network. Only drawback is that you are on an older version of the WLAN driver but it doesnt have any bugs or problems so it doesnt matter, atleast you will be getting hosted network support until Lenovo provides an update for the same.

I had also posted this same question and came up with the solution the very next day just by chance. 

Who Me Too'd this solution