cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drholliday
Token Ring
Views: 1,844

X1 Yoga 2 auto keyboard backlight vs auto-screen brightness issue

Does anybody else here have a weird issue with the Auto setting on the keyboard backlight where it only works when the auto-SCREEN brightness is disabled? 

If both are enabled, the screen will auto change correctly, but the keyboard stays off all the time. It still works with Fn-Space for off-low-high, but no auto enable. If I disable the Auto-Screen Brightness in Windows, the keyboard auto will start working correctly.

Enable both, shine a flashlight at the top left of the screen and watch the brightness go up/keyboard turn off. Turn off flashlight and screen goes down, but keyboard backlight doesn't turn back on.

Then, turn off the screen auto-brightness and shine a flashlight. The screen will (obviously) stay the same, keyboard backlight turns off. Turn off the flashlight and the keyboard will fade back on within a few seconds.

Doesn't matter what version of the Intel UHD driver is installed (23.20, 24.20.100, etc), it does the same. Newest Intel sensor drivers, newest PM driver, etc all installed. SIF has been reinstalled multiple times. Does it in both Win10 Pro/Ent 17134 and 16299. Reflashing the BIOS and ME has no effect, full CMOS clear has no effect, hooking a debugger to the light sensor data stream shows it's changing accordingly to brightness.

Who Me Too'd this topic