cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
codesmith
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,722

MSDTC errors on Lenovo X1

I have a new Gen 6 Lenovo X1.    Out of the box I experienced COM+ and MSDTC (Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator) errors.  Even after performing a clean install of Windows 10 from my Microsoft developer account (I'm a software developer), the COM+ subsystem gets corrupted after the first system update (I think it is device driver related).  Microsoft related thread is here...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/error-code-8004e00f-com...

This means that software using MSDTC for transaction integrity will fail.  I purchased the X1 specifically for software development.  But with the above problem and the transaction-oriented code I intend to write, I effectively have a very nice looking $2000 brick.  ;-)

Is anyone else having this problem?   Try the following on your X1...

• In your Windows 10 search bar, search for "component services". (Without the quotes.)
  • Start component services
  • Expand the Component Services -> Computers tree
  • Expand "My Computer".   Do you see a red arrow?   That is the first indication of a problem.
  • Now click on COM+ Applications.  Did you get a "Catalog Error" dialog box? 

MSDTC is non-functional due to the COM+ corruption above.

As the above Microsoft link shows, other Lenovo users are having this problem too.   Lenovo or anyone...how can this be resolved?

CS_error.png

Who Me Too'd this topic