Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supersalad
Fanfold Paper
Views: 17,348

Dead Pixel Agony

Hello Peeps,

I just received T520 package today and my excitement suddenly turned to grief when I saw a bright glowing red dot on my screen. OMG... a dead pixel right out of the box! Did I just drop my hard earned grand that I have been saving for months on something that would bug me for the rest of the products life?

I quickly searched Lenovo's dead pixel policy and almost fainted when I found out the unit has to have at least 3 dead pixels to be considered for replacement noooooooo...wahhhh....boohohoho..sob Smiley Sad 

Why did they ship out a unit with dead pixel??? I'm pretty sure it was NOT missed by QA because it glows like a laser beam in the dark and a dead pixel would not develop while in transit!

I'm going to contact Lenovo post sales tomorrow and really hoping something can be done. I know some of you will consider this as another guy who got a dead pixel rant, but man, when someone spend this amount of cash, and I'm not rich, I would at least expect to receive a non-defective product. Oh Lordy, I should have trusted my instinct and buy something of this value in a brick and mortar store. Hoping for the best but this night would not be a pleasant one.

Sigh,

Jason

Who Me Too'd this topic