08-10-2020

US

20 Signins

310 Page Views

• Views: 310
  • Message 1 of 3

2 important features missing that prevent me from buying

2020-10-09, 16:20 PM

I have the Motorola Edge 5G, and I love it. After the green screen debacle and a replacement, I'm a happy customer. 

I considered upgrading to the Razr 5G for many reasons, being an original V3 owner one of them. However there's 2 features missing that I cannot overcome and I won't upgrade without them. I post this in hopes Motorola passes this on to engineers for the next iteration. 

1. Wireless Charging, a phone this luxurious and this svelte should have Qi charging. I can't understand the justification to skip it considering how thin and small the coils actually are. Maybe it messes with fingerprint reader? I dunno, but it's a shame its not there.
  2. Expandable storage, what is this, Apple? I have a 512Gb Micro-SD in my Edge for storing Netflix films, high res hiking maps, and videos and photos. I'm sure space is at a premium inside the Razr 5G, but not having the ability to bump storage when it's something needed is another pitfall for me. 

I love the new Razr, I'm glad its unlocked, but sadly I'll have to wait for another version, hopefully with the above two features. 

Options

19354 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2388 Signins

59288 Page Views

• Views: 59288
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:2 important features missing that prevent me from buying

2020-10-09, 17:44 PM

@ Android4Eva wrote:

I have the Motorola Edge 5G, and I love it. After the green screen debacle and a replacement, I'm a happy customer. 

I considered upgrading to the Razr 5G for many reasons, being an original V3 owner one of them. However there's 2 features missing that I cannot overcome and I won't upgrade without them. I post this in hopes Motorola passes this on to engineers for the next iteration. 

1. Wireless Charging, a phone this luxurious and this svelte should have Qi charging. I can't understand the justification to skip it considering how thin and small the coils actually are. Maybe it messes with fingerprint reader? I dunno, but it's a shame its not there.
  2. Expandable storage, what is this, Apple? I have a 512Gb Micro-SD in my Edge for storing Netflix films, high res hiking maps, and videos and photos. I'm sure space is at a premium inside the Razr 5G, but not having the ability to bump storage when it's something needed is another pitfall for me.

I love the new Razr, I'm glad its unlocked, but sadly I'll have to wait for another version, hopefully with the above two features. 

Hi.

Thanks for the feedback, and sorry we can't meet all of your needs with the phone. There are always compromises.

The phone does have a whopping 256Gb of memory, so we're reasonably confident it will satisfy most storage requirements.

Again, thanks for your interest!

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

22 Posts

10-12-2020

US

26 Signins

165 Page Views

• Views: 165
  • Message 3 of 3

2 important features missing that prevent me from buying

2020-10-13, 0:39 AM
I agree that wireless charging should have been included in a $1400 phone. Expanded storage..... you 256 GB, what could possibly be doing where you need more than that? I think you might be using the wrong tool for the job.
------------ Mark
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete