10-13-2020

US

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 9

Hinge creaking/squeaking when opening

2020-10-13, 4:52 AM

I have owned my Razr 5G for about a week now and it started creaking or squeaking when opening it. It definitely did not do that out of the box. I would like to know how common is this and if there is anything that can be done to stop it.

I believe the noise to be coming out of the hinge.

Options

248 Posts

08-30-2018

US

660 Signins

13703 Page Views

• Views: 13703
  • Message 2 of 9

Re:Hinge creaking/squeaking when opening

2020-10-13, 20:56 PM

@ JMarcano wrote:

I have owned my Razr 5G for about a week now and it started creaking or squeaking when opening it. It definitely did not do that out of the box. I would like to know how common is this and if there is anything that can be done to stop it.

I believe the noise to be coming out of the hinge.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this, I'd like to help you further.  I've sent you a private message, when you have a moment can you please take a look?

Thanks

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

30 Posts

12-07-2016

US

162 Signins

790 Page Views

• Views: 790
  • Message 3 of 9

2020-10-13, 22:31 PM

Mine too!

Options

248 Posts

08-30-2018

US

660 Signins

13703 Page Views

• Views: 13703
  • Message 4 of 9

2020-10-15, 21:27 PM

@ bobl4 wrote:

Mine too!

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this, I'd like to help you further.  I've sent you a private message, when you have a moment can you please take a look?

Thanks

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

11 Posts

10-18-2020

US

11 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 5 of 9

2020-10-21, 9:36 AM

I just got my phone yesterday and out of the box it's creaking when I open and close it. Didn't have this issue with the unlocked one I bought from best buy. This is one bought directly from at&t. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Options

19248 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2366 Signins

58417 Page Views

• Views: 58417
  • Message 6 of 9

2020-10-21, 15:46 PM

@ blu31c33 wrote:

I just got my phone yesterday and out of the box it's creaking when I open and close it. Didn't have this issue with the unlocked one I bought from best buy. This is one bought directly from at&t. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Hi.

I'm afraid we may be giving the wrong impression here. Because the device is new, we are going to take a look at one of these phones, just to make sure it was assembled correctly, etc. 

But we don't want to imply that there should not be any noise at all. When folding or unfolding razr you may hear a sound, which is intrinsic / inherent to the mechanical movement of the phone. I hear a slight sound on mine that I think is the flexible display adjusting to its new, unfolded position. Razr underwent rigorous testing, and this in no way affects the functionality or quality of the device.

So, for the time being, we're going to look at the one. If you think yours is really unusually noisy, please provide a video with audio and we can evaluate it based on that.

Thanks,

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2 Posts

10-23-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 7 of 9

2020-10-23, 17:56 PM

My Razr 5G is a couple of weeks old and it too has noises when opening and closing. I discovered it is not the hinge but the screen bending because it is binding when retracting into the bottom chin of the phone when closing. I called support and as usual they have never heard of such a thing. I think their customer support lacks everything compared to a company like Apple. They wanted to charge me 1100.00 for priority service as if a three week old phone is not a priority. They will be sending me a new unit but not until they receive my old one. So I am without a phone for at least a week This customer support SUCKS and I doubt I will be keeping the replacement . Back to Apple for me

Options

2 Posts

10-23-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 8 of 9

2020-10-23, 18:05 PM

mine is two weeks old and it started making a grinding noise yesterday. I discovered it is the screen not retracting properly into the lower chin when closing. It is binding on the close and causes the screen to buckle in the middle when closing which could cause the screen to crack at some point. I am sending it back with a return authorization. I am a long time Apple customer who decided to try this new phone. I am going back to Appletoday. What a joke

Options

1 Posts

10-29-2020

US

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 9 of 9

2020-10-29, 14:30 PM

Having the same problem, "clicking" sound after a few days. i will be returning to Best buy today. I was not excepting this   

Vod link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sBzeKZmpd6Vwta7K8

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete