11-21-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Razr 2020: display, FPS and audio

2020-11-21, 20:20 PM

There is some stuff that needs to happen for this to be a great phone. 1st, increase the volume coming out of the speaker; I'll have the phone on the highest volume & I have to hold the phone up to my ear to hear someone talking (while on speaker phone), also with music or watching a video, with the volume increased as high as it can go. 2nd, when I receive a phone call or text nothing & I mean nothing shows up on the (small) front screen. I have to open the phone to see who is texting/calling me. Last, the fingerprint scanner is very "wonky", sometimes I have to apply my finger very 'hard', other times I have to apply my finger 'softly', then sometimes it won't scan my finger.

• Subject line edited to be more descriptive. - Matt, forums manager
Options

35 Posts

11-09-2020

US

18 Signins

180 Page Views

• Views: 180
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Razr 2020: display, FPS and audio

2020-11-23, 16:28 PM

Your experience is not universal.

I almost never use my phone for voice calling (text programs for everything) ... so i wasn't exactly sure how the phone behaves during a call so I just tested it. 

1.  My speaker phone volume is very loud. There are multiple volume sliders when different kinds of audio are being played, make sure your volume is raised - while the speaker phone is active.   This should appear as a second slider next to the main audio volume, which i assume is already what was maxed.  You should have no problem at all hearing the audio in a room.   If this second slider is maxed and it still has low volume and this happens to any caller, you may have a real problem ... maybe hardware related, maybe not depending on if all sounds from your phone are low  volume or not.   

2.  When I tested this just now, I received not only a full screen notification on my external display (while it was otherwise off) that turned the display on ....but also the contact picture since i have one set and other various options related to how to respond to the call.    Having nothing at all show up is not normal unless you have Do not Disturb active on your device. 

3.  I have no idea about the finger print scanner.  I dont use biometrics on any of my phones, so i can't speak to that. 

Options

19354 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2388 Signins

59288 Page Views

• Views: 59288
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Razr 2020: display, FPS and audio

2020-11-23, 20:07 PM

@ Iceacesis wrote:

There is some stuff that needs to happen for this to be a great phone. 1st, increase the volume coming out of the speaker; I'll have the phone on the highest volume & I have to hold the phone up to my ear to hear someone talking (while on speaker phone), also with music or watching a video, with the volume increased as high as it can go. 2nd, when I receive a phone call or text nothing & I mean nothing shows up on the (small) front screen. I have to open the phone to see who is texting/calling me. Last, the fingerprint scanner is very "wonky", sometimes I have to apply my finger very 'hard', other times I have to apply my finger 'softly', then sometimes it won't scan my finger.

• Subject line edited to be more descriptive. - Matt, forums manager

Hi.

Thanks for choosing razr, and sorry you're struggling with these items. I have some suggestions that might help. Let's run through them.

• External display. Some of this may be related to settings.
    • Go to Settings > External Display > Manage apps
    • Make sure App permissions are checked for your messaging app and for Phone
    • This should allow the text of the message to pop briefly on the external display; after that it will show the icon indicating you have an unread message
    • Incoming calls should show the name of the caller, if it's in your Contact list, along with the Answer/Decline options.
  • Fingerprint Sensor. The recommendation for this would be to forget and re-record your fingerprints.
  • Audio issues.
    • This is a bit surprising. I find the audio acceptably loud on speaker. Let me try to upload a video clip.
    • When using the phone as a handset, it often takes a little time to find the "sweet spot" of speaker-over-ear when using a new phone. I recommend moving the phone around a bit to adjust the position.

Let me know if any of this helps.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete