Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

razrrazr (2020) / razr 5G
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-01-2021

Egypt

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 6

Razr 5G ear speaker low after security batch update!

2021-03-01, 22:55 PM

My 5G razr was working fine until an update of a new security batch a couple of days ago, after which I'm facing a clear problem of a very low volume in ear speaker during phone calls (I can barely hear people's voice from the other side of the call which wasn't the case at all since I bought the phone and until the update!) The phone's external speaker is working fine btw.

Please advise!

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Razr 5G ear speaker low after security batch update!

2021-03-02, 14:50 PM

@ AR.Derwi wrote:

My 5G razr was working fine until an update of a new security batch a couple of days ago, after which I' facing a clear problem of a very low volume in ear speaker during phone calls (I can barely hear people' voice from the other side of the call which wasn' the case at all since I bought the phone and until the update!) The phone' external speaker is working fine btw.

Please advise!

Hi.

Since security updates generally do not have any code that changes device performance, the earpiece issue is likely separate from and coincidental to the update.

The first thing to check is just to see if any lint or other debris might be blocking the earpiece. If it looks clear, try this:

• Go to your app drawer > Device Help
  • Device diagnosis > Hardware test
  • Click on Receiver to test it

If the Receiver test fails, the phone will need to be repaired. If it passes, we'll try some other troubleshooting. 

Would you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate.

Sorry about this issue. Hoping we can figure this out quickly.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

4 Posts

03-01-2021

Egypt

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-03-02, 17:06 PM

Thanks Matt for your prompt reply, and here's what I did:

1. Hardware test: Passed

2. Profile is now updated with my carrier/IMEI

3. Yes it's okay for you to check if it would help.

Awaiting your feedback,

Thanks,

AR

Options

4 Posts

03-01-2021

Egypt

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-03-05, 10:30 AM
Any updates?
Options

4 Posts

03-01-2021

Egypt

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-03-06, 12:09 PM

Hi Matt,

I still didn't get any reply on my problem, I'd very much appreciate your prompt advise as the issue is very frustrating.

Thanks,

AR

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-03-08, 20:29 PM

@ AR.Derwi wrote:

Hi Matt,

I still didn' get any reply on my problem, I' very much appreciate your prompt advise as the issue is very frustrating.

Thanks,

AR

Hi.

Sorry for the delay. I didn't like the first answer and went back to the well. Here are the recommended troubleshooting steps.

• Go to Sound Settings and make sure all volumes are at max
  • Under Settings > Sound > Audio Effects - turn off
  • Standard steps for complex issues:
    • Update All Apps PlayStore
    • Reset App Preferences (Settings > Apps & Notifications > See all XXX apps > 3-dot menu > Reset app preferences)
    • Close All Recent Apps
    • Close All Browser Tabs
    • 10-second power key reset (press and hold the power key until the phone turns off - it will reboot on its own)

These are all good things to do, but I wondered if it was enough, since I do see an unusually high number of dropped calls. My question is: does the volume drop precede a dropped call?

So, if possible, can you wait until this issue happens again, and take a bug report? This will help us and it's not as complicated as it looks.

1. Go to Settings > About phone > scroll to the bottom > Tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer mode.

2. Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options.

3. In Developer options, enable USB debugging 

4. In Developer options > enable Bug Report shortcut.

5. Once the issue is reproduced, go to Developer options > Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. When it's ready, upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the Bug Report via an email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note with a link to this post and your forums user name so we know what it refers to.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms