Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

razrrazr (2020) / razr 5G
All Forum Topics
Options

57 Posts

10-27-2020

United States of America

42 Signins

390 Page Views

• Views: 390
  • Message 1 of 3

Recent external display messages/keyboard bug

2021-06-09, 15:44 PM

Recently (for maybe a month) I've experienced a new bug when using messages on the external display. If I have tap the text entry area, the keyboard comes up like normal and I can type.  However, if I minimize the keyboard, I can not get it to come back up unless I back out to the main messages screen and enter the contact I am texting/chatting with again.  This is repeatable both with a chat message or with SMS.

I generated a bug report but I can't remember the email address to send it to and what information I'm supposed to include in the email.

Options

19970 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2535 Signins

63913 Page Views

• Views: 63913
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Recent external display messages/keyboard bug

2021-06-10, 15:00 PM

@ motocane wrote:

Recently (for maybe a month) I' experienced a new bug when using messages on the external display. If I have tap the text entry area, the keyboard comes up like normal and I can type.  However, if I minimize the keyboard, I can not get it to come back up unless I back out to the main messages screen and enter the contact I am texting/chatting with again.  This is repeatable both with a chat message or with SMS.

I generated a bug report but I can' remember the email address to send it to and what information I' supposed to include in the email.

Hi.

Thanks for the report. I can reproduce this as described. I did find that if I enter the emoji or photo options within the SMS and then back out of there I can get the keyboard back again.

Since I can reproduce it I may not need a bug report, but I will let you know! Reporting.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

57 Posts

10-27-2020

United States of America

42 Signins

390 Page Views

• Views: 390
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Recent external display messages/keyboard bug

2021-06-10, 16:09 PM

@ MattForumsMngr wrote:

@ motocane wrote:

Recently (for maybe a month) I' experienced a new bug when using messages on the external display. If I have tap the text entry area, the keyboard comes up like normal and I can type.  However, if I minimize the keyboard, I can not get it to come back up unless I back out to the main messages screen and enter the contact I am texting/chatting with again.  This is repeatable both with a chat message or with SMS.

I generated a bug report but I can' remember the email address to send it to and what information I' supposed to include in the email.

Hi.

Thanks for the report. I can reproduce this as described. I did find that if I enter the emoji or photo options within the SMS and then back out of there I can get the keyboard back again.

Since I can reproduce it I may not need a bug report, but I will let you know! Reporting.

Regards,

- Matt

Thanks for looking into this!  I can confirm that I see the same behavior as you do if I enter the emoji or photo options.  Let me know if you need the bug report.  I guess it's the best kind of bug since you can reproduce it easily.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms