Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

razrrazr (2020) / razr 5G
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-21-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Small cracks/ scratches starting in upper corners

2021-07-21, 23:02 PM

I was an early adopter to the new RAZR 5G for many reasons. The biggest one being that I actually used the early 2000's version and I loved it. Besides nostalgia the new RAZR was coming in swinging with great specs and as a pioneer in the foldable screen technology. I did not go for the original RAZR with Verizon because it was yet another phone that wasn't trying to make significant growth in processor and camera, but just a cool formfactor upgrade. I have been very happy with my RAZR for these first 9 months, but I noticed awhile ago that there were small scratches appearing in the upper corners (when held vertically) of the device. This is not a heavily touched area so I was confused, but I moved on. It has continued to grow down the screen on both sides and seems to be almost in a pattern to go toward the crease in the clam shell bend. I called to speak with an agent and was told that this is normal wear and tear. After hearing my counter arguments to this he said that his analysis stands. I am concerned this is a device flaw and if when calling support they only label this as "normal wear and tear" and not log this as a deeper escalation so there will be no history of escalations wither. If I have to I will get a new screen, but this is less then a year with this RAZR and I treat my devices very kindly. These are not glass displays, but even plastics should be more durable. Wonder what can be done. 

Options

20062 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2561 Signins

64653 Page Views

• Views: 64653
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Small cracks/ scratches starting in upper corners

2021-07-26, 18:29 PM

@ jsommer22 wrote:

I was an early adopter to the new RAZR 5G for many reasons. The biggest one being that I actually used the early 2000's version and I loved it. Besides nostalgia the new RAZR was coming in swinging with great specs and as a pioneer in the foldable screen technology. I did not go for the original RAZR with Verizon because it was yet another phone that wasn't trying to make significant growth in processor and camera, but just a cool formfactor upgrade. I have been very happy with my RAZR for these first 9 months, but I noticed awhile ago that there were small scratches appearing in the upper corners (when held vertically) of the device. This is not a heavily touched area so I was confused, but I moved on. It has continued to grow down the screen on both sides and seems to be almost in a pattern to go toward the crease in the clam shell bend. I called to speak with an agent and was told that this is normal wear and tear. After hearing my counter arguments to this he said that his analysis stands. I am concerned this is a device flaw and if when calling support they only label this as "normal wear and tear" and not log this as a deeper escalation so there will be no history of escalations wither. If I have to I will get a new screen, but this is less then a year with this RAZR and I treat my devices very kindly. These are not glass displays, but even plastics should be more durable. Wonder what can be done. 

Hi.

I looked at your photo, and I'm afraid I have to agree with the agent. I see small scratches in the area around the rim of the reflected light fixture. Even a glass display is likely to get small scratches like that after nine months. Virtually any item you carry every day and handle frequently will show some signs of wear and tear. And with the display lit up, generally the scratches don't show. In general, cosmetic damage is not covered by warranty.

If the phone is unable to function properly, please let me know.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms