10-18-2020

US

12 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 1 of 8

bluetooth limitation with group messages

2020-10-20, 21:17 PM

today i connected my 2020 razr to my model 3 tesla and received an interesting message under the 'sync messages' setting for the phone on the car.  the message is:  "due to the limitations of Bluetooth support from your device, you will not be able to send group messages'.  is anyone else having this issue on your car, whether tesla or not?

not sure how to fix this (or if it's fixable).  

any help is appreciated.

thanks!

mike.

Options

22 Posts

10-12-2020

US

24 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:bluetooth limitation with group messages

2020-10-21, 0:51 AM

I don't have any issues with my 2018 F150.  Honestly, that sounds like the software in your Tesla.

------------ Mark
Options

13 Posts

10-18-2020

US

12 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2020-10-21, 20:44 PM

I don't think it's my car as it worked fine with my iphone. Today I had all kinds of issues with bluetooth. I had to unpaid and repair over five times before I could make a call. I'm to the point of throwing in the towel. Love the phone but with so many issues between bluetooth and wifi I almost feel like im was testing. 

Options

22 Posts

10-12-2020

US

24 Signins

160 Page Views

• Views: 160
  • Message 4 of 8

2020-10-21, 20:52 PM

If it is Bluetooth, why would it just fail on Group Messages?  Group messages with an iPhone aren't MMS as far as I know. I don't get notification of Group Messages with my Razr either, but I also didn't get them with my OnePlus or Samsung.

The other issue with pairing/unpairing before making a call sucks. Does it connect and then disconnect real quick?

------------ Mark
Options

13 Posts

10-18-2020

US

12 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2020-10-21, 21:46 PM

It's really bizarre actually. I had an unlocked phone and didn't have this issue with disconnects. I still had the group messaging issue. I couldn't drive my car today twice because my phone acting as the key would not connect. I had to pull out my key card and use that.

Just talked to att or who ever their insurance provider is. They want 250 to get a replacement phone. This is ridiculous. Now I remember why I hated them so much.  Either that or I pay 55 restocking fee at a store and order a new one. This seems ridiculous to me. 

Options

19354 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2388 Signins

59288 Page Views

• Views: 59288
  • Message 6 of 8

2020-10-22, 16:21 PM

@ blu31c33 wrote:

It's really bizarre actually. I had an unlocked phone and didn't have this issue with disconnects. I still had the group messaging issue. I couldn't drive my car today twice because my phone acting as the key would not connect. I had to pull out my key card and use that.

Just talked to att or who ever their insurance provider is. They want 250 to get a replacement phone. This is ridiculous. Now I remember why I hated them so much.  Either that or I pay 55 restocking fee at a store and order a new one. This seems ridiculous to me. 

Hi.

This sounds very frustrating, sorry about the issue. Does not sound like a replacement issue to me though. I'd like to try some troubleshooting. 

Have you done the basics of forgetting the connection both on the car and the razr, and re-pairing? 

If so, and you can still reproduce this issue, would you be willing to take and send a bug report? It's not as complex as it looks.

1. Go to Settings > About phone > scroll to the bottom > Tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer mode.

2. Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options.

3. In Developer options, enable USB debugging 

4. In Developer options > enable Bug Report shortcut, and Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging, and Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log.

5. Once the issue is reproduced, go to Developer options > Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. When it's ready, upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the Bug Report via an email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note referring to this post so we know what it refers to.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time. Please include your forum user name in the email. Makes it much easier for us to tie your report back to your comments.

Thanks if you can do this.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

13 Posts

10-18-2020

US

12 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2020-10-22, 22:16 PM

Still happening. Will submit the bug report tomorrow. Thanks!

Options

13 Posts

10-18-2020

US

12 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2020-10-23, 16:13 PM

I submitted the bug report. It doesn't say if I need to reverse order the steps to turn off all the additional logging. Should I?

Thanks!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete