US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 6

Touched it (razr)

2020-02-04, 17:57 PM

I got to touch one. 

Went into a Verizon store to cancel my pre order and checked out the display. They had it on a short chain and in demo mode so really couldn't get a sense of it.

The agent (sales manager) did take it off the chain so I could check it out. 

The display was nice and videos were good but didn't fill the screen on landscape. 

I could see the bending spot but it didn't bother me. The feel of the screen is good the plastic cover seemed to fit and didn't feel soft but it's not glass.

My opinion just from 20min of play in demo mode is they could have made it thicker for a bigger battery, the extra weight would have made it feel like something less fragile. I'm still on the fence about it and maybe will wait till v3 like the old ones.

Every opinion matters, it's up to you how much.

Options

4622 Posts

03-15-2011

US

12 Signins

224 Page Views

• Views: 224
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Touched it (razr)

2020-02-04, 18:26 PM

wrote:

I got to touch one. 

Went into a Verizon store to cancel my pre order

Curious to know what made you decide to cancel, before you touched it/played with it?

Was there a review you read, or another reason?

From my experience, being totally honest, I thought it would feel flimsy/cheap but I was pleasantly surprised how solid it feels. I'm sure as the tech improves, the devices will get better, last longer, etc etc, but it's always that way. It's analogous to not buying an iPhone 4 when it releases because the iPhone X will be so much better... 6 years later, if you're willing to wait.

As you rightly said, it does largely come down to personal preference. I wish you well, whatever you decide to do!

Options

0 Posts

02-03-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2020-02-04, 18:40 PM

1.There are a couple of reviews on YouTube that point out a couple of things. 

2.Samsung is coming out with a clamshell on 11th and has better stats.

3.Preorder would deliver weeks after available in stores.

4.I live in country 50 from a city and not that big, (50,000) asked about release and was told they expect to have enough for the area.

Called a dealer closer to home and they said they will have very limited supply but don't expect much of demand for the area.

Mostly I canceled because of delivery time. 

In my mind a pre order means you get one ON or before release in stores.

Options

4622 Posts

03-15-2011

US

12 Signins

224 Page Views

• Views: 224
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-02-04, 18:46 PM

wrote:

1.There are a couple of reviews on YouTube that point out a couple of things. 

2.Samsung is coming out with a clamshell on 11th and has better stats.

3.Preorder would deliver weeks after available in stores.

4.I live in country 50 from a city and not that big, (50,000) asked about release and was told they expect to have enough for the area.

Called a dealer closer to home and they said they will have very limited supply but don't expect much of demand for the area.

Mostly I canceled because of delivery time. 

In my mind a pre order means you get one ON or before release in stores.

Yeah that makes sense - I live in a major metro area and people said it would be available on day 1, so that makes sense.

But for some of your other points:

1. YouTubers and bloggers post for clicks - so it literally pays to be overly opinionated. Truth is, no one has had one of these for more than 2-3 days so there cannot be any valid reviews, only first impressions

2. As you know, the release will be within the return policy for the RAZR. So far from what I've seen and read, I don't like the color, style, form factor, or price. Samsung doesn't have the greatest reputation for quality, especially with foldable tech, BUT it is not a first generation foldable, so we will have to see.

I think with Moto and Samsung, it's the long term that will really determine the winner.

Great discussion - thank you for sharing!

Options

0 Posts

02-03-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2020-02-04, 19:00 PM

I'd  buy motorola in a heartbeat (I worked there along time ago).

Yes the return policy means you get 10 or 14 days. I say 10 just to make sure to get it back in time.

I take ever opinion with a grain (block) of salt.

My local Verizon store the agent is a friend and she's getting one and said I could come over and check it out. Also that there have been no inquiries at that store.

Options

17568 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2193 Signins

51732 Page Views

• Views: 51732
  • Message 6 of 6

2020-02-05, 14:41 PM

wrote:

I'd  buy motorola in a heartbeat (I worked there along time ago).

Yes the return policy means you get 10 or 14 days. I say 10 just to make sure to get it back in time.

I take ever opinion with a grain (block) of salt.

My local Verizon store the agent is a friend and she's getting one and said I could come over and check it out. Also that there have been no inquiries at that store.

Hi.

Interesting feedback. Was surprised to see your comment about the weight. Most people I've talked to -- and my own feeling -- is that the phone feels heavy, because when folded it's so dense. I've not really ever considered it fragile but of course, we all have our own standards.

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save