Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apt58
Punch Card
Views: 420
Message 1 of 9

Unlocked Razr

Will there be an unlocked version of the new Razr, or it is just Verizon exclusive? If so will the Verizon one be unlocked? I'd really like to get this phone but can't stand Verizon.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 338
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unlocked Razr

@apt58 wrote:

Will there be an unlocked version of the new Razr, or it is just Verizon exclusive? If so will the Verizon one be unlocked? I'd really like to get this phone but can't stand Verizon.

Hello, In the US the phone is currently exclusive to Verizon. As for unlocking, I will look into it and will update you as I learn more. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

CellularMania
Paper Tape
Views: 202
Message 3 of 9

I think with eSim option you can add more than 1 eSim in The phone so not be locked

MBI3000
What's DOS?
Views: 182
Message 4 of 9

I am saving for this phone,but if the unlocked one  doesn't support nano sim i won't buy it. I use physical sims when traveling abroad.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 166
Message 5 of 9

@apt58 wrote:

According to Verizon's policy, they automatically unlock all phones 60 days after purchase. Additional details can be found here:

https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 164
Message 6 of 9

@MBI3000 wrote:

I am saving for this phone,but if the unlocked one  doesn't support nano sim i won't buy it. I use physical sims when traveling abroad.

The specs say eSIM only. There is no indication of removeable memory or SIM. 

apt58
Punch Card
Views: 121
Message 7 of 9

Verizon says it will unlock 6

@mk1151 wrote:

@apt58 wrote:

According to Verizon's policy, they automatically unlock all phones 60 days after purchase. Additional details can be found here:

https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy

Veizon says it will unlock 60 days after activation. I was inquiring so as to not activating on Verizon at all.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 114
Message 8 of 9

@apt58 wrote:

Veizon says it will unlock 60 days after activation. I was inquiring so as to not activating on Verizon at all.

Your original post wasn't terribly clear so thank you for this clarification.

Since the device will be Verizon exclusive it probably it will be locked at time of purchase.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 69
Message 9 of 9

Yes, the device can be unlocked per VZWs existing policies. To use it on another carrier's network the razr must have the new carrier's profile loaded into the eSIM. However, due to differing network technologies between carriers and RF banding, an unlocked Verizon device may not work or may experience limited functionality on a different carrier’s network.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!