Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 752
Message 1 of 12

Welcome to the razr community!

The iconic razr is back.

Everything you loved about the original Motorola razr packed with today’s most useful mobile technology, including a seamless, fully foldable display. Click here to learn more.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 699
Message 2 of 12

Re: Welcome to the razr community!

Loving every bit of this!

akirache
What's DOS?
Views: 671
Message 3 of 12

Hi, love this new phone...I have a couple of questions:

-Will it be a dual sim card version?

-Does it take microSD card to expand memory and its maximum capacity?

-Wil it come available an unlocked version?

-Price?

RDLongview
Paper Tape
Views: 651
Message 4 of 12

I've been a loyal Motorola customer for many years, and
have been asking for a Razr again in different places for a long time.

The new Razr looks brilliant, but I won't buy one if it's $1500 and only on Verizon.

I suggest you make simpler Razrs', obviously all unlocked, like this:

Looks the same, but with 2 regular smaller screens, hinged so it opens with the top and bottom
next to each other, having minimal edges where the screens come together,
I really don't care if its one screen or 2 separated a bit but acting as one,
like my 2 computer monitors next to each other, especially if it costs me much less to buy.

Also, maybe no outside screen version, I want it basically protected
in my pocket and don't need an outer screen.
That would make it really an updated Razr.

So maybe 2 or 3 versions and price points. If so, I think you'd sell a boatload.

Thank you, I hope you get some done like that soon, we've been waiting a long time.

RDLongview
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 643
Message 5 of 12

@RDLongview wrote:
I've been a loyal Motorola customer for many years, and
have been asking for a Razr again in different places for a long time.

The new Razr looks brilliant, but I won't buy one if it's $1500 and only on Verizon.

I suggest you make simpler Razrs', obviously all unlocked, like this:

Looks the same, but with 2 regular smaller screens, hinged so it opens with the top and bottom
next to each other, having minimal edges where the screens come together,
I really don't care if its one screen or 2 separated a bit but acting as one,
like my 2 computer monitors next to each other, especially if it costs me much less to buy.

Also, maybe no outside screen version, I want it basically protected
in my pocket and don't need an outer screen.
That would make it really an updated Razr.

So maybe 2 or 3 versions and price points. If so, I think you'd sell a boatload.

Thank you, I hope you get some done like that soon, we've been waiting a long time.

RDLongview

You're making some good points, and I had similar thoughts when I first read about it, but I think the fundamental issue here, is what you're decribing has been done, in fact many years ago. It doesn't innovate. While I think $1500 is high, most first of its kind devices are in this range.

I was an original Atrix 4G user, and all-in, I was near the same level of investment.

I don't think there is mass consumer appetite for two small screens. Media and gaming would be very uncomfortable.

As for no external screen, the orignal RAZR had one, I don't think they'd take it away. I'd imagine it could be used for call screening, text messages, and calendar updates, and save on hinge stress and screen bending for small/short tasks.

Clearly a lot of engineering went into it. The hinge and screen look great, better than some of the other foldable competitors I've looked at, so I think it may very well be worth the asking price. Verizon also always offers an extended return policy for the holidays as well, so I'd think if you don't end up liking it, you have a route to return it.

We'll know more when it launches.

TimHare
Punch Card
Views: 625
Message 6 of 12

I see the appeal for some of this phone - but please,  for others, especially those who work in more hostile environments,  make another Razr based on the Razr V3, only add 4G and give it KaiOS so it's "smart enough" but has great battery life, and price it nearer the low-to-mid range.  I'm not saying this phone is wrong, but I'm saying there's also a large market out there for a different Razr that isn't being filled well by the existing flip / "feature" phones.

MotoRazrCase
Paper Tape
Views: 615
Message 7 of 12

Congratulations to the team.  This is my dream phone. I have been desperately waiting for it.

MotoRazrCase
Paper Tape
Views: 613
Message 8 of 12

KoolAde5
Token Ring
Views: 574
Message 9 of 12

I just hate the Coming Soon. What is soon different from everyone. LOL, It's like the new 360 coming soon and still not here.
I have needed a new Phone for a few months but have held out hoping Moto would come out with something better than what they are offering NOW.
KoolAde5
Token Ring
Views: 469
Message 10 of 12

this is worse than waiting on Christmas when you were a kid looking for the New Toy to play with. LOL