Why do you care about appearance only?

If the battery comes out detachable
Willing to buy many times.

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 200
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why is Motorola disappointed to me??

@lsy1 wrote:

Why do you think Motorola
Can't you think?

If the battery is low
Isn't it right to make it removable?

Why do you care about appearance only?

If the battery comes out detachable
Willing to buy many times.

Hi.

First, please do not post the same thing multiple times, and do not post off-topic on someone else's thread. 

We do make phones with removable batteries. Many are not removable for a variety of reasons, including making the phone more resistant to dust and moisture; they can be thinner; and batteries and power consumption have gotten better over time so batteries rarely need replacing. For these reasons and others, not only Motorola, but most manufacturers have moved to non-removable batteries.

If you have to have a removable battery - and I would be interested in knowing why this is important to you - then you can look at the Motorola E5 Play, E4, G5, G4 Play or any E6 model.

Hope this helps.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
41rw4lk
Punch Card
Views: 39
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why is Motorola disappointed to me??

I agree with the removable battery. Like most electronics, there are times when you need to power cycle them to resolve an issue and troubleshooting 101 always begins with a power cycle.
There are cases when a phone might become unresponsive, a rogue app, bad update, etc and power cycling might not be possible and a battery pull would be appropriate.
As far as dust and moisture proofing, a gasket can do that and has done that. I can understand a sealed battery in form, but when you put form over function you lose. Besides, what about those open usb, mic, and speakers? Dust and moisture magnets.
I'm not trying to rail or be an ass, I just see there being a need for removable batteries. Not to mention that they are batteries, they fail. Instead of being able to buy a battery and replace it, you have to send it in or at least hit a repair shop. Basically jump through hoops and pay for the privilege just to replace a battery.