Options

19367 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2390 Signins

59373 Page Views

• Views: 59373
  • Message 1 of 6

Worried razr is delicate? Watch how hard it is to break.

2020-02-12, 22:51 PM

I thought this video was both interesting and amusing. JerryRigEverything had to work really hard to bust the phone, and it STILL was basically working long past the point where most phones would be completely dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eokt7DWljtU

It's also funny in tone. There is an especially good off-mic line toward the end ("broken inside").

For anyone who is worried that the phone is delicate, take a look. Do NOT try this at home! :smileyvery-happy:

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

Re: Worried razr is delicate? Watch how hard it is to break.

2020-02-17, 5:04 AM
Thanks for the vid!!

Really shows how durable the phone is!

I have loved mine since I got it last week ~
Options

2020-02-18, 20:18 PM

Looks like problems are already surfacing

https://www.inputmag.com/tech/our-motorola-razrs-plastic-display-is-already-breaking-peeling-at-the-fold

Options

4825 Posts

03-15-2011

US

19 Signins

269 Page Views

• Views: 269
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-02-19, 11:15 AM

wrote:

https://www.inputmag.com/tech/our-motorola-razrs-plastic-display-is-already-breaking-peeling-at-the-fold

No, one person is claiming this "just happened" - there have been no other reports of this happening to any RAZR.

If you watch the video posted in the beginning of the thread, the RAZR was bend, over-extended, burned, had gravel poured into it, and cut. Not once did the screen pop above the frame, or did any bubbles or cracks appear. In addition, in the article you linked, Moto indicated they already did the hot/cold testing the author claimed to be the cause.

So it is more logical that this device was abused, or that this "just happened"?

Note also, Moto said if the damage occurred from normal use or due to environmental damage, the replacement/repair would be fully covered by the standard warranty, yet the author didn't replace it - could that be because they knew Moto would see the RAZR was abused?

They also admit that this phone is the same one the website used for all their testing and reviews, so it's also entirely possible this phone was abused before the author of the article even got their hands on it.

There's just too many holes in the story to make it believable.

I know it's a very long reply to a short comment, but people read these posts and draw conclusions based on them so it's important to support claims, and this one definitely requires a rebuke.

Options

19367 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2390 Signins

59373 Page Views

• Views: 59373
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-02-19, 14:13 PM

wrote:

Hi.

I saw this too. For what it's worth I've been using mine in Chicago for about two months now. (As have many other local employees here.) It's been quite cold here for long stretches, and I spend a LOT of time outdoors. I've not had any issues with my razr at all and nothing related to cold weather. Whatever happened to this device I have not seen anything similar.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2020-02-19, 15:42 PM

Exactly man, this dude Ray Wong and his "claim" that his phone screen magically got altered by weather is totally trying to get clout......it's sad that his clout phone pic is now being eaten up by so many media outlets which have constructed full stories on how Motorola dropped the ball........and now I will return to my work after responding on my Razr :) 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete