Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsAndroid Yoga Series Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

06-12-2014

7 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 1 of 3

Yoga 10 battery won't charge up.

2014-06-12, 8:03 AM

I'm having a similar problem with some people with my 1 month old Yoga 10.  I really enjoy the tablet and I use it a lot, which worries me when I find out that the battery just won't charge up, even when I plug it into the USB character directly.  I can see that the battery is charging with the battery icon and everything, but the power level isn't going up.  I wonder if it is a common problem and if it can be easily fixed on my end.  (Or as some say it's a calibration problem, which means that I should just let the batter run out and then recharge to full.)

Answer
Options

5 Posts

06-12-2014

7 Signins

85 Page Views

Re: Yoga 10 battery won't charge up.

2014-06-12, 23:21 PM

I found out what the problem was.  I've been using an extension USB cable which didn't give enough power to the tablet.  I used the more standard (plug in the charger, and then a standard USB cable and got a full charge out of it.  Maybe what I need is a longer Mini USB cable for longer needs.

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

5 Posts

06-12-2014

7 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

2014-06-12, 23:21 PM

I found out what the problem was.  I've been using an extension USB cable which didn't give enough power to the tablet.  I used the more standard (plug in the charger, and then a standard USB cable and got a full charge out of it.  Maybe what I need is a longer Mini USB cable for longer needs.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

16 Posts

09-21-2012

Canada

27 Signins

232 Page Views

• Views: 232
  • Message 3 of 3

2015-02-24, 19:35 PM

I have had this problem intermittently for several months.  It reached the point that the battery would charge to about 40% and stop.  Completely depleting the battery did not solve the problem.  I had tried several different chargers and cables.  I finally took the original charger and cable, and applied a very small quantity of Nu-Trol, an electronic contact cleaner,  to the connectors at each end of the cable.  (the contacts are inside the end of the connector)  This solved the charging problem for me, and the problem of an OTG drive spontaneously unmounting occasionally.  I don't know whether a little compressed air would have been sufficient.  Since my compressor has no oil trap, I'm reluctant to try that.  One more caution - My can of Nu-Trol is over 30 years old, so I don't know if the formula has been changed - the current product contains 1,1,1,2 tetrafluoroethane, so some caution is advisable in its use.  Also, even for someone like me who has done a lot of electronic repairs, a 340g can of this stuff will probably be willed to my grandchildren.  However, given the increasing number of devices that use micro-USB connectors which vary in quality we might all end up using this technique.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms