Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

02-06-2021

Germany

6 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 1 of 5

Tab P11: Compressed audio / poor sound quality

2021-02-06, 10:55 AM

Hey everyone,

just bought the P11 (not the pro model). Unfortunately, there's an issue with the sound quality that really bothers me.

It seems as if there's an aggressive audio compressor built in, increasing loudness and killing off all dynamics in the process. This becomes painfully obvious when connected to external speakers. The problem persists regardless of the apps being used (in my case Spotify, YouTube, Mubi...) or whether or not the Dolby functions are switched on. It's also not due to the external devices (speakers, Bluetooth converter) which I've been using for a while - I've checked.

It makes the device pretty much useless for entertainment purposes. If this doesn't get solved I'm afraid I'll have to return it.

If there's anyone who can suggest a solution or who's struggling with the same issue, I'd love to hear from you.

Greetings

Seb

Options

12666 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7283 Signins

749945 Page Views

• Views: 749945
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Tab P11: Compressed audio / poor sound quality

2021-02-07, 7:19 AM

Hi Seb2Seb

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I suggest that you try reset first to see if the same issue goes.

This would at least help us isolate if such is an interference or from any other audio enhancements.

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

spidey101

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

4 Posts

02-06-2021

Germany

6 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-02-07, 13:46 PM

Hey Spidey,

thanks for your reply. I've reset the device now - unfortunately, the problem persists.

I've also contacted Lenovo for support, although I'm beginning to worry that the audio effect is actually deliberate. Would be a terrible error of judgement IMO.

If I hear anything new about it I'll post it here. Until then I'm obviously grateful for any hints / helpful posts.

Greetings

Seb

Options

9818 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26714 Signins

578350 Page Views

• Views: 578350
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-03-16, 16:00 PM

Hi Seb,

I'm afraid that the service won't be able to help you with the issue, since resetting it back to factory settings didn't change the behavior and there doesn't seem to be a defect on the device. It seems that the audio on this device was intentionally designed this way and the compression of the audio is the default way how the Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 is handling it. You might want to try to change the values of the equalizer under the Dolby audio app to improve the audio output.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

3 Posts

04-04-2021

Mexico

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-04-09, 23:52 PM

Hi there buddy, 

I Just had this same problem with p11 tablet, I found the problem is not compression but too much audio gain, this can be resolved disabling absolute Bluetooth volume under android's developer settings. After disabling restart the tablet.  You may now be able to control your headset and tablet volume separately, put the headset volume to max and tablets under 50% 

Hope works for you now

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms