Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-07-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 330S-15IKB RAM Question

2019-08-07, 21:32 PM

I have a 330S-15IKB with the 4gb of ram soldered on and a 16gb optane memory stock in the laptop. Intel 5 with windows 10 all up to date.

I'm atteptimg to add a crucial 8gb ddr4-sodimm to it but after installation and reboot I only get a black screen. If I remove the new memory it continues to work normally.

Is the optane working as extra ram keeping me from upgrading or am I missing something?

Options

Betreff: Ideapad 330S-15IKB RAM Question

2019-08-09, 18:07 PM

Lenovo is just unable to list it properly, that is the issue. Optane Memory accelerates your HDD, it has nothing to do with RAM. I know they list the Optane memory under the RAM options for some reason, but they are not related. Optane is basically a PCIe SSD with 3D-XPoint instead of regular NAND flash storage to accelerate one storage medium. 3D-XPoint memory has significantly improved random access rates compared to regular NAND flash and is being advertised as reaching random read/write speeds significantly closer to RAM than regular NAND can get, that's probably why Lenovo lists it under RAM. It isn't.

Your problem just sounds like a defective RAM stick. Maybe you have another one lying around just to test?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)