Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

11-25-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

"Battery not detected" and will not charge!!

2020-12-04, 3:02 AM

Hi so I really purchased the ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 4 and I've had it for not even a month when this issue started occurring. My laptop will be on, sometimes plugged in sometimes not, but the battery will suddenly go up to 100% randomly and switch to low power mode. Then a few minutes later, a popup comes up reading "Lenovo hardware settings: the battery is not detected try reinstalling or recharging the battery to solve the problem."  And this will happen multiple times throughout the day and some days it only happens once or not at all. I have tried uninstalling the battery driver but that only proved to be a temporary solution. I've also tried the emergency restart and that only helped temporarily as well. The driver itself is up to date and the system itself is also up to date so I don't understand why this keeps happening and if it can lead to even greater problems in the future... I would appreciate any insight or advice anyone may have to offer to stop this from happening!

Also, sometimes the battery sign will show an "X" over it and will not charge when I plug it in which is an issue when the laptop is close to 0%. I'm really desperate here and need this fixed before school if anyone can help.

Options

6369 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

28895 Signins

1654808 Page Views

• Views: 1654808
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:"Battery not detected" and will not charge!!

2020-12-04, 5:42 AM

@ Rosie posie wrote:

Hi so I really purchased the ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 4 and I' had it for not even a month when this issue started occurring. My laptop will be on, sometimes plugged in sometimes not, but the battery will suddenly go up to 100% randomly and switch to low power mode. Then a few minutes later, a popup comes up reading "Lenovo hardware settings: the battery is not detected try reinstalling or recharging the battery to solve the problem."  And this will happen multiple times throughout the day and some days it only happens once or not at all. I have tried uninstalling the battery driver but that only proved to be a temporary solution. I' also tried the emergency restart and that only helped temporarily as well. The driver itself is up to date and the system itself is also up to date so I don' understand why this keeps happening and if it can lead to even greater problems in the future... I would appreciate any insight or advice anyone may have to offer to stop this from happening!

Also, sometimes the battery sign will show an "X" over it and will not charge when I plug it in which is an issue when the laptop is close to 0%. I' really desperate here and need this fixed before school if anyone can help.

If, as you mention, the system is up to date on drivers/bios/windows/etc, then you might be looking at a hardware issue. If your machine is still under warranty, it may be time to avail yourself of that by contacting Service.

For reference, I've seen nothing like what you describe on my Gen4 X1 Yoga, 18 months and 185 cycles in.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms