Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

04-02-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 2

x1 yoga titanium trackpad not detecting touch/swipes.

2021-04-02, 22:48 PM

I just took delivery of this laptop today and to my dismay, the touchpad doesn't detect my swiping.  I opened a ticket and aside from the tech taking 45 minutes to get my ticket in the system created (REDICULOUS), the only support related troubleshooting done was to suggest i manually downloaded the latest drivers which I had already done prior to the call already.  When that didn't work for some reason I was forwarded to microsoft support (huh???!?).  After being frustrated I decided to take a look in bios to see if it was disabled, when to my surprise, the trackpad worked fine when I brought up the pre-bios selection settings.  So, the big question is, what's going on here?  It's obviously not a hardware issue it seems.  Is it the new "Sensel" software?  Has anyone run into a similar issue?

Options

3636 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

283 Signins

18280 Page Views

• Views: 18280
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:x1 yoga titanium trackpad not detecting touch/swipes.

2021-04-05, 16:27 PM

Hello suvannara,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

I'm sorry to hear that you encountered touchpad issues on your new X1 Yoga Titanium.

What I can suggest is for you to uninstall the touchpad driver, make sure to put a check on the uninstall box, to completely remove it from the system.

Then go to the support site, download and install a fresh copy of the driver.
Restart the computer and observe the machine, while you keep the ticket from tech support active.

Hope this helps

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms