Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-13-2021

Iran (Islamic Republic of)

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 3

Connect two external monitors to lenovo E430

2021-07-14, 6:54 AM

Hi. I have a problem with my Lenovo E430 machine, I have two external monitors and I want to connect them to my laptop and use the three monitors at the same time. I have dual boot Windows and Linux (Ubuntu) together. on Ubuntu, I have no problem and three displays are working well but on the windows machine, only two of them work together (an external and the built-in one or two externals). Is there any way to solve this problem?

I'll attach an image from ubuntu and two from windows for more clarifying.

Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

331 Signins

14366 Page Views

• Views: 14366
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Connect two external monitors to lenovo E430

2021-07-14, 8:33 AM

Hi taymaz-92,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Are you running the same Resolutions & Refresh Rates in Windows as you are in Ubuntu ? 

It might be the famous 59hz Refresh rate "bug" in Windows 10, so try the following:

1. Right-click the windows desktop, and then click Personalize.
  2. Click Display.
  3. Click Change display settings.
  4. Click Advanced settings.
  5. Click the Monitor tab and change Screen refresh rate from 59 Hertz to 60 Hertz.
  6. Click Ok.
  7. Return to Advanced settings.

In the event it's already set to 60hz, try setting it to 59hz. Also try playing around with the Resolutions & Refresh Rates of all monitors to see if you eventually get all 3 to show picture, then let us know what settings these were.

Hope this helps

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

07-13-2021

Iran (Islamic Republic of)

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Connect two external monitors to lenovo E430

2021-07-14, 11:52 AM

Unfortunately, your solution doesn't work for me! I tried it and changed my MSI PRO MP241 monitor's refresh rate from 60 to 59.940 and even 50 Hz, but the third screen (in my case, the built-in screen) isn't even active in the settings!!

And about resolutions, the built-in one is 1366x768 and the other two are 1920x1080 and works fine on Ubuntu.

I'll send another two screenshots of my problem, maybe it helps. :\

anyway, Thank you for your time and helps :)

P.s: I found out my built-in screen refresh rate is 60.01 Hz :| and I have no idea why it's 60.01 and not 60 or 59.40 :\

I want to add my third monitor name and model, so anyone who wants to help will know my problem, and my monitors' models:

"Samsung SyncMaster S22B375H plus"

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms